Battery

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking. Why don't we have phone batteries that charge in minutes? I know it's been invented. Is there something that keeps people on batteries that takes hours to change? Something I'm missing?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking. Why don't we have phone batteries that charge in minutes? I know it's been invented. Is there something that keeps people on batteries that takes hours to change? Something I'm missing?

I'm guessing they're more expensive to produce and probably aren't as stable. Or something alone those lines

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I don't think we'll be seeing it anytime soon. I charge my phone at night anyway so I don't see the need for it yet :p

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I don't think we'll be seeing it anytime soon. I charge my phone at night anyway so I don't see the need for it yet :p

Mine was full at 11am and it's now 1pm and I'm at 50%

This may seem strange, but it seems that it drains much faster when I use a 2.1 amp charger. I don't know why. I've also noticed that an area with heavy traffic (broadband) that my phone dies much quicker than when I'm in my hometown with 4G.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine was full at 11am and it's now 1pm and I'm at 50%

This may seem strange, but it seems that it drains much faster when I use a 2.1 amp charger. I don't know why. I've also noticed that an area with heavy traffic (broadband) that my phone dies much quicker than when I'm in my hometown with 4G.

That's definitely weird. My cousin was over yesterday and his S3 last a full day with 4 hours of screen time.
Is it still this bad with the stock charger?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely weird. My cousin was over yesterday and his S3 last a full day with 4 hours of screen time.
Is it still this bad with the stock charger?

It seems like when I use the stock charger it lasts longer. I don't know why. I have five different types of chargers. The stock, a 2.1 amp that I bought from Verizon, a BlackBerry premium 1.8 amp, a 2.1 car charger and a 2.1 mophie battery pack. The lower the ampage the longer the charge.

So it seems. The battery could be losing capacity as it ages to. I have had this phone for over a year.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It seems like when I use the stock charger it lasts longer. I don't know why. I have five different types of chargers. The stock, a 2.1 amp that I bought from Verizon, a BlackBerry premium 1.8 amp, a 2.1 car charger and a 2.1 mophie battery pack. The lower the ampage the longer the charge.

So it seems. The battery could be losing capacity as it ages to. I have had this phone for over a year.

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that after 300-500 charges the phone is only at about 80% of the original capacity. I've had my S4 for about 5 months and it doesn't seem like it lost that much but I'm going to buy a new battery around the 1 year mark anyway :p

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that after 300-500 charges the phone is only at about 80% of the original capacity. I've had my S4 for about 5 months and it doesn't seem like it lost that much but I'm going to buy a new battery around the 1 year mark anyway :p

Oh...with Samsung phones it doesn't even matter...you can simply replace the battery with a brand new one. No surgery or risk thereof.

N7