What should i get based on these needs?

WinFan1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all i'm planning on upgrading from my Lumia 925 to an Android device, only i have a list of requirements that it must meet, and i must admit i have been with windows phone for 3 years. I am not very familiar with android devices currently out besides the GS4 and the HTC1. Do any of you have any suggestions, based off these needs?
1- looking for a screen of 5+inches.
2- looking for expandable memory.
3- looking for on-screen buttons.
4- Does google have a music subscription, with a good catalogue of music? i listen to everything from rap to rock to country and i wanna know theres a good selection.
5- am i absolutely forced to use google services or will microsoft apps work just as well?
6- Does google have a smartglass app for the Xbox1?
7- how good are google docs? are they a good replacement for skydrive, and office apps?
8- How good are cameras on google phones compared to the lumia line of nokia phones?

any information or advice would be appreciated thanks.:-$

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all i'm planning on upgrading from my Lumia 925 to an Android device, only i have a list of requirements that it must meet, and i must admit i have been with windows phone for 3 years. I am not very familiar with android devices currently out besides the GS4 and the HTC1. Do any of you have any suggestions, based off these needs?
4- Does google have a music subscription, with a good catalogue of music? i listen to everything from rap to rock to country and i wanna know theres a good selection.
5- am i absolutely forced to use google services or will microsoft apps work just as well?
7- how good are google docs? are they a good replacement for skydrive, and office apps?
8- How good are cameras on google phones compared to the lumia line of nokia phones?

Welcome to Android Central :)
Hmm, your 2nd, and 3rd needs make it hard to suggest a phone for your since A)Expandable memory is hard to find unless you want a Samsung phone B) Samsung phones don't have on-screen buttons and the phones that do don't have expandable memory :(

WinFan1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Hmm, your 2nd, and 3rd needs make it hard to suggest a phone for your since A)Expandable memory is hard to find unless you want a Samsung phone B) Samsung phones don't have on-screen buttons and the phones that do don't have expandable memory :(
thanks i am an avid microsoft user but i feel as though app developement for windows phone has grinded to a bit of a halt. i love windows phone and wouldnt be switching. im an avid gamer and alot of the apps come out to ios and android first and i feel like i cant do alot of the things my gamer friends can on their phones also i have a huge issue with hitting capacitive buttons in landscape, which is why i want onscreen or physical buttons.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks i am an avid microsoft user but i feel as though app developement for windows phone has grinded to a bit of a halt. i love windows phone and wouldnt be switching. im an avid gamer and alot of the apps come out to ios and android first and i feel like i cant do alot of the things my gamer friends can on their phones also i have a huge issue with hitting capacitive buttons in landscape, which is why i want onscreen or physical buttons.

So physical or on-screen? But no capacitive, still have the same issue unless there are other 5 inch phones I don't know of that also have expandable memory. The Nexus 5 and G2 are both really good for gaming but they lack expandable storage although I think 32 GB should be more than enough

Posted via Android Central App

WinFan1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So physical or on-screen? But no capacitive, still have the same issue unless there are other 5 inch phones I don't know of that also have expandable memory. The Nexus 5 and G2 are both really good for gaming but they lack expandable storage although I think 32 GB should be more than enough

honestly so did i when i was with tmo and got the 920 but i fill it up faster than i like to think i do.i think i might just go with the note 3, big screen,battery,decent store, partly physical button, and expandable sd card slot. what would you say?

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
honestly so did i when i was with tmo and got the 920 but i fill it up faster than i like to think i do.i think i might just go with the note 3, big screen,battery,decent store, partly physical button, and expandable sd card slot. what would you say?

Based off what your needs are I say the note 3 is the best choice.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I agree with the above post. Best for gaming, best battery, great camera, 32GB internal and expandable storage. Only issue is 2 capacitive keys but that isn't that bad :p

WinFan1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Based off what your needs are I say the note 3 is the best choice.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
Thanks for your input! :D getting it on friday and will come back to tell you guys about my experience :D

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with the above post. Best for gaming, best battery, great camera, 32GB internal and expandable storage. Only issue is 2 capacitive keys but that isn't that bad :p

thanks alot for your help!! i really appreciate it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input! :D getting it on friday and will come back to tell you guys about my experience :D

- - - Updated - - -

No problem :)
Hopefully the camera doesn't disappoint :D

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Not to make a harder decision but there's also the Blackberry Z30 which I think has expandable storage.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Sony Z1.
(1,2,3 check.)

Music and content: Expansion storage means you can actually keep some A/V files without choking your phone, so Streaming is not an absolute obligation.
(4) Don't know much about Google streaming. It is probably just as good as others. You can also check the Sony/BMG service "Music unlimited"

Adropen Office can let do all your Office work on MS documents.
(5) Microsoft has, I believe, made an Android or Cloud version of it's Office stuff.

Don't know about the Video Game stuff,
(6) Check on Gamer's forums or AC's games threads.

Don't know about cloudy stuff. I avoid it.
(7)

Cameras ? Depends on the phone model.
(8) Sony's not too shabby on the camera side of things. Z1 seems to have a rather interesting 20Mpxl.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
o_O side loading them? I haven't heard of Blackberry opening the Play Store

But they work. That's all that should matter. I'm getting intrigued by bb. I wish I could afford a few. :D

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

U welcome that's what this site is about.