Trying to decide between Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and Asus Memopad Smart 10.1....

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy Tab 3-via 50 dollar Sprint deal.
Pros:
50 dollars up front, thats nice.
has better stats than the near 200 dollar wifi one
can take a microsd-I have a extra 32 gig one
There's a otterbox case for it, so thats a good thing.

Cons:
Will have to pay at the very least 5+taxes/surcharges every month for the next 2 years, if I take the MINIMUM data plan and only use wifi, or 15+taxes/surcharges if I take their 2 gig/15 dollar a month plan.
7 inch screen

Asus Memopad Smart 10.1-via Gamestop
Pros: 150 bucks brand new, reduceable if I trade in some stuff
10.1 inch display
has gotten fairly good reviews
Only paying the one time fee, and no monthly costs

Cons:
Will be 150 or so up front minus any trade in credit, almost 3 times the GT3 cost.
Stats are a bit lower than the GT3, in terms of Ram/CPU, storage is the same, and both can take a microsd card-which is good.
No real specific-accessories for it I think, more usage of generic case and screen protector, and from what I can find, no real strong/protective case?

So, feel free to give me more input on my choice on of these as my personal holiday gift?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Pros:

Cons:
Will have to pay at the very least 5+taxes/surcharges every month for the next 2 years, if I take the MINIMUM data plan and only use wifi, or 15+taxes/surcharges if I take their 2 gig/15 dollar a month plan.
7 inch screen

10.1 inch display

Cons:
Will be 150 or so up front minus any trade in credit, almost 3 times the GT3 cost.
Stats are a bit lower than the GT3, in terms of Ram/CPU, storage is the same, and both can take a microsd card-which is good.
No real specific-accessories for it I think, more usage of generic case and screen protector, and from what I can find, no real strong/protective case?

So, feel free to give me more input on my choice on of these as my personal holiday gift?

If you have home WiFi, I would get the Samsung. Connect to your router as much as possible to save on the data. Also, I personally don't like the size of 10" tabs. It's not necessarily the size, but the weight. After holding even store tabs for several minutes, it seems heavy. I would not like to know what it's like to hold after nearly an hour.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Pros:

Cons:
7 inch screen

10.1 inch display

Cons:

Go to best buy and get the exclusive black tab 3, it's 150 and no sprint bloat ware.

Posted via Android Central App

Good OL MC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the Tab 3 all that much. The screen on it is just pretty poor in person. You sound like you're more interested in raw power though so it may not matter.

You've already factored in a data plan at $5 a month, minimum, plus your taxes and fees. That could be around $9 a month...all for something it doesn't sound like you'd use very much. I've always hated that idea but I've also always hated reoccurring monthly costs.

I've never seen a Memopad so I can't help there, but those are my thoughts on the Tab 3.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
The thinner one is better. Don't get me wrong, specs matter, but until its in your hand, you don't know what its like. The HP slate is great for its price, but its literally double the thickness of my Galaxy Tab 2 7. Its a freaking brick imo

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The thinner one is better. Don't get me wrong, specs matter, but until its in your hand, you don't know what its like. The HP slate is great for its price, but its literally double the thickness of my Galaxy Tab 2 7. Its a freaking brick imo

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4

So which one are you suggesting? The Tab 3 or the Asus Memo Smart?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome