Swappa.. Serious concerns l

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I just created my Swappa account about 3 weeks ago and just posted my galaxy s4 to sell about 2 hours ago and I have a buyer already the money was put into my pay pal account but what isn't sitting right with me is that on the users profile his account was created about 20 minutes before he bought my phone so my concern is that could this just be a scam and once he gets the phone I will not recommended money... Having never sold anything online before I'm not too sure about this whole thing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I just created my Swappa account about 3 weeks ago and just posted my galaxy s4 to sell about 2 hours ago and I have a buyer already the money was put into my pay pal account but what isn't sitting right with me is that on the users profile his account was created about 20 minutes before he bought my phone so my concern is that could this just be a scam and once he gets the phone I will not recommended money... Having never sold anything online before I'm not too sure about this whole thing

I would contact someone at Swappa. See what they have to say about it. Who knows? The conditions may have been right for that user to sign up right then and there. I glance a Swappa every now and then, but I am not a registered member there either. If I saw a device I wanted, I would be in the same boat as him.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I am a swappa regular..
We were all new at one time or another on a forum or eBay.
If the price was good of course it was gonna sell fast!! I think you're probably good to go..

Sent from my ROOTED HTC DROID DNA - -

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Definitely send an email to the Swappa staff explaining your reservations before you ship the device or pull the money from your Paypal account. They are always very helpful and will guide you in the right direction!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a swappa account but if I found something that I wanted to buy I would create one and put an offer in that day. I'd look into it but I wouldn't be to cautious about it.

Sent from my gameboy color