Phone Fanboys..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just my observation, opinion, and two cents..:cool:

In specific cell phone threads such BRAND X, the fanboys are abundant and praise is to the roof for their BRAND X. Nothing wrong with that, it's fun and I am guilty of that too. However, IMO, here is where the trouble begins and mostly like the thread gets closed down. I was just in a BRAND forum, and it got closed. The point was the fanboy comes in praises their phone, and then NAMES other phones that their phone is better than. Somebody even said that is "an invitation", which IMO it is too. I got into the thread just reading the part where the fanboy was saying that BRAND X was better than BRAND B, Since I have BRAND B. I wasn't going to be defensive, I just want to see this BRAND X, because if it is better than BRAND B, I want one. But, after seeing it, researching it, it is not better then BRAND B. And even if I didn't respond somebody else will. Because mentioning what your BRAND is better than, brings an answer..

What people get mixed up with, is that the particular brand that they are saying is better than others, that don't understand that their perception of something is not gospel.

The thread got really rough! :D I had to back off, because I like this place, and respect this place..The info around here is amazing.. The MODS saw what was going on, and rightfully closed.
I will admit, it was dam right funny too. :D

BTW, I might have been guilty of the same stuff, but from this point on, no more.. :D

Just my two cents.. :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for looking at things from a good perspective.

Discussions are great, its what this entire forum is based on. Sharing information, opinions and beliefs. Unfortunately things do get out of hands at times and we hope that everyone involved in those situations remembers its better to just walk away/report the situation to the Mod team and let them handle it. Nobody wins when someone feels they have to insult or flame another member.

Thanks and enjoy your day!

Paul
Moderator Team Leader.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Vanilla Android (Motorola and Nexus devices) while others enjoy Touchwiz (Samsung) or LG ( Can't recall the name). Fanboys exist all over from gaming consoles to phones and those Xbox One vs PS4 wars were heated all over the web. Lol, gotta love it. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It seems "spec nerds" are butthurt that the "mid-range" Moto X is getting the love that it's getting. Yeah. I said it. MOAR SPECS!

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Vanilla Android (Motorola and Nexus devices) while others enjoy Touchwiz (Samsung) or LG ( Can't recall the name). Fanboys exist all over from gaming consoles to phones and those Xbox One vs PS4 wars were heated all over the web. Lol, gotta love it. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thankfully the clear superiority of the PS4 closed that debate once and for all :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Bit of tribalism to me, which is silly.

I've used or use most platforms. Played with WP8 in stores, and they all seem very good and competitive. For me, BlackBerry z30 is the best for my needs for a phone. Nexus7 for a tablet. To each their own.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It seems "spec nerds" are butthurt that the "mid-range" Moto X is getting the love that it's getting. Yeah. I said it. MOAR SPECS!

I don't think "brand X" as the OP put it (cute lol) are the worst offenders for fanboi-ish sentiments around the internet these days. That title belongs to um... how shall I put it... "brand 5" :p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully the clear superiority of the PS4 closed that debate once and for all :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

Says who? I've had so much more fun on Xbox One while my PS4 collects dust. Same goes for all my friends. The power difference is obviously there but it's more subtle than most are led to believe. Both are great in their own right but it depends where your friends are. As of now PS4 has no exclusives. I bought Killzone and it's okay but not great. Knack is mediocre at best. Can't wait for Infamous though but it will be on the back burner because I'm preparing for Titanfall right now. :D

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Says who? I've had so much more fun on Xbox One while my PS4 collects dust. Same goes for all my friends. The power difference is obviously there but it's more subtle than most are led to believe. Both are great in their own right but it depends where your friends are. As of now PS4 has no exclusives. I bought Killzone and it's okay but not great. Knack is mediocre at best. Can't wait for Infamous though but it will be on the back burner because I'm preparing for Titanfall right now. :D

PS3 had better exclusives IMO, hopefully the PS4 does the same :D

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
PS3 had better exclusives IMO, hopefully the PS4 does the same :D

Depends. Multiplayer Xbox 360 won with Halo, Gears of War and others. Titanfall will do great even though it's on 360 and PC. Sony last generation had arguably the two best single player experiences though in Uncharted and the best game I've ever played Last of Us. The Multiplayer was horrible on both though.

Time to stop turning this thread into game wars. Lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Depends. Multiplayer Xbox 360 won with Halo, Gears of War and others. Titanfall will do great even though it's on 360 and PC. Sony last generation had arguably the two best single player experiences though in Uncharted and the best game I've ever played Last of Us. The Multiplayer was horrible on both though.

Time to stop turning this thread into game wars. Lol

Yeah, TLOU was amazing. Heavy Rain and Killzone were awesome too :p
Back to the phone talk everyone...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, TLOU was amazing. Heavy Rain and Killzone were awesome too :p
Back to the phone talk everyone...

So that rotary dialed phone was very nice wasn't it?

Wait, what was this thread about?

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I like brand x better than y, z, and w because of this xxxxx, it suits these wants/needs better... Not I like brand x because of this and anyone who disagrees is a noob and an *****...
A is what I'd expect and hope for, but unfortunately I see B much more often and not just phones, games, but cars, guns, knives, radios, computers, watches (high end and cheap alike), it's anything that can be compared to anything else.
We're too thin skinned it seems, to butthurt over stupid little things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1