Hello again!

My S3 has become to be annoyingly sluggish. I still have 2gb of space left on internal memory but simple things like opening Hangouts, messages, Chrome and most frustratingly the dialler app are so laboured. Google Now takes about 10 seconds to respond when first opened... It's doing my head in.
    I've uninstalled Facebook to stop all the processes going on in the background and disabled others apps I rarely use to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? Advice on combatting this would be greatly appreciated.
    12-20-2013 03:24 AM
    I would figure out what else is running in the background and get rid of some of those apps. I'm not real sure how to do that on an s3 as I know Samsung uses a different settings menu then stock android and I do not own a Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-20-2013 09:54 AM
    Hello again!

My S3 has become to be annoyingly sluggish. I still have 2gb of space left on internal memory but simple things like opening Hangouts, messages, Chrome and most frustratingly the dialler app are so laboured. Google Now takes about 10 seconds to respond when first opened... It's doing my head in.
    I've uninstalled Facebook to stop all the processes going on in the background and disabled others apps I rarely use to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? Advice on combatting this would be greatly appreciated.
    First step should be a factory reset. It's good to do this every so often as the device gets bogged down over time.
    12-20-2013 03:12 PM
    A cache wipe in recovery might be just what the doctor ordered. I'd do this before a factory reset.

g2
    12-20-2013 03:51 PM
    Cheers chaps.

Haalcyon - my issue with cache wipe is that my volume up button has broken (the 2nd s3 to do this) and I don't know any other way of getting to recovery - i'm not rooted......!!

:-/
    12-20-2013 05:33 PM
    Cheers chaps.

Haalcyon - my issue with cache wipe is that my volume up button has broken (the 2nd s3 to do this) and I don't know any other way of getting to recovery - i'm not rooted......!!

:-/
    If you have a custom recovery Goo Manager can boot you straight into it.

S3 is sl---oo---www-1387586667771.jpg

g2
    12-20-2013 06:44 PM
    Can you wipe out the device and do a clean reload of the OS? Much like my 4 year old laptop, format and reinstall the programs I actually use is like a new computer all over again.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30
    12-20-2013 07:00 PM
    Can you wipe out the device and do a clean reload of the OS? Much like my 4 year old laptop, format and reinstall the programs I actually use is like a new computer all over again.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30
    That's basically what a factory reset does. Restores the device back to out-of-the-box condition, while keeping any OS updates your device has received.

g2
    12-20-2013 08:37 PM
    That's basically what a factory reset does. Restores the device back to out-of-the-box condition, while keeping any OS updates your device has received.

g2
    While losing your contacts right?

12-23-2013 06:12 PM
    While losing your contacts right?

If your contacts are w/in your Google account they are alive and happy in the cloud. When you log in your Google account on a PC can you see your contacts from within? If so, you're good to go and your contacts are safe.

CM on OgPro
    12-23-2013 06:30 PM
    before you go that far, try installing Clean Master from the play store. Cleans up junk files, clears cache, has a task killer (I generally avoid using it though) and a couple other handy tools. Definately helped give my Galaxy Nexus a little more snap... which it sorely needs!

You don't have anything to loose, and if you find it didn't help just uninstall and proceed with a factory reset
    12-23-2013 07:29 PM
    any samsung phone i have owned was awful
    12-27-2013 09:04 PM