Droidguy1990 is a scammer -Refund received

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droidguy1990 is a scammer

So your bank is going to refund you the money?

They are going to refund the money in 1-2 business days, however the catch is, and it seems that the seller was probably aware of this considering his insistence on using Google wallet over PayPal, the bank will dispute the charge with the MERCHANT and they have 45-90 days to show I was in the wrong. The MERCHANT isn't Toni Saccente or Mark Saccente in this case, the MERCHANT is Google. Of course Google isn't going to refund the money, they are just the middle man. So I may get my money back now, but after that time period, the money can still be taken back

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

that sucks. I hope it works out. If it doesn't, I hope you will continue to warn others about the dangers of using Google wallet.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

They are going to refund the money in 1-2 business days, however the catch is, and it seems that the seller was probably aware of this considering his insistence on using Google wallet over PayPal, the bank will dispute the charge with the MERCHANT and they have 45-90 days to show I was in the wrong. The MERCHANT isn't Toni Saccente or Mark Saccente in this case, the MERCHANT is Google. Of course Google isn't going to refund the money, they are just the middle man. So I may get my money back now, but after that time period, the money can still be taken back

I hope you get your money back. Are you sure the merchant is Google Wallet and not the hustler?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I hope you get your money back. Are you sure the merchant is Google Wallet and not the hustler?

Yes, I asked the claims person who they would be contacting and they specifically said Google.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I had a similir experience on Ebay several years back. Ironically it also was out of Cape Coral FL. I bid and won a digital camera and sent the 350.00 to the address using Pay Pal and never recieved the Camera. The seller closed his account and dissapeared. Local Police in AZ were not interested. Ebay basically said "buyer beware not our problem" Pay Pal came up with a bunch of BS and never would do anything dispite there claims about buyer protection. When I posted the info on Ebay they removed my post and warned me i would be banned. Needless to say I will never buy anything on Ebay or use paypal again. If it seems too good to be true it probably isnt. I now pay the extra and only buy off of reputable sights like Amazon or Best Buy ETC.

Last edited:

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Needless to say I will never buy anything on Ebay or use paypal again.
I use my credit card to pay with pay pal and then if you have a dispute, you dispute it with your credit card. They reverse the charge to paypal and then paypal dings the seller. Never had a problem.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I asked the claims person who they would be contacting and they specifically said Google.
Everytime I dispute a paypal charge with my credit card due to nondelivery or the item being not as described, paypal lets its go and I get the charge reversed.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Maybe Google has safeguards in place. Seems they would.

You would think so, considering how they are trying to push it out to everyone, however when I emailed them for a mediation, all I got back was them stating they can't do anything when there are physical goods involved. Yet when I search, I find the following on their FAQ page: (seems to me the use of the word seller typically implies physical goods"
"Google can't make guarantees about sellers accepting payments through Google Wallet or the products they're selling. Learn more about troubleshooting order-related issues.

If a seller is unresponsive, and you placed your order within the last 180 days using any of the accepted payment methods, Google can mediate by contacting the seller on your behalf. File a claim for mediation."

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Whoever you spoke to it sounds like they gave bad info perhaps. It sounds like there's hope.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

You would think so, considering how they are trying to push it out to everyone, however when I emailed them for a mediation, all I got back was them stating they can't do anything when there are physical goods involved. Yet when I search, I find the following on their FAQ page: (seems to me the use of the word seller typically implies physical goods"
"Google can't make guarantees about sellers accepting payments through Google Wallet or the products they're selling. Learn more about troubleshooting order-related issues.

If a seller is unresponsive, and you placed your order within the last 180 days using any of the accepted payment methods, Google can mediate by contacting the seller on your behalf. File a claim for mediation."
How about suing google in small claims court for breach of contract for failing to mediate with your damages being the money you lost? You would have to pay court filing fees but you could look into serving google by mail through their agent for service of process. Bet you'd get some action from google then.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

@ OP

Glad things worked out given the situation.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7