What are my options right now?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So right now I have a iPhone 5S on a AT&T next contract. But I think I really want to go back to Android for my phone and tablet. It's mainly due to the openness and I think Android is doing cooler stuff than its right now.

But here's the thing. I've got car repairs I need to make. It'll cost about 400 dollars or more.

So right now I'm just not sure if I should just be happy with what I have and keep the iPhone until I fix the car and pay off the iPhone or just buy a motorcycle get and use that while I pay off the iPhone? I don't know why I want to ditch the iPhone, but it just feels like I do. Maybe it's podcasts I listen too that talk about what they feel Android is better at than ios.

With iPhone I like it's stability, battery life, and app quality but I feel like the more and more I use my iPhone the harder and harder it'll be to switch to Android at some point if I decide to due to app and service lock in.

With Android, I like it's customizability, it's interactivity of apps and services, and I feel I can be more productive on it, but things I don't like are I notice more app crashes and lag, a bit lesser quality apps overall, and battery life is not as solid all around from devices I've used.

In fact, the main reason I want to go back to Android now is because I fear I won't be able to break from ios later on if I want to.

Right now I do own a nexus 7 2013 model. But also a Ipad 4. Should I just take a step back and just be content? It's just bugging me, you know?

What's your guys thoughts? I know it sounds like I'm a kid or something, but I really don't know what to do about this.

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So right now I have a iPhone 5S on a AT&T next contract. But I think I really want to go back to Android for my phone and tablet. It's mainly due to the openness and I think Android is doing cooler stuff than its right now.

But here's the thing. I've got car repairs I need to make. It'll cost about 400 dollars or more.

So right now I'm just not sure if I should just be happy with what I have and keep the iPhone until I fix the car and pay off the iPhone or just buy a motorcycle get and use that while I pay off the iPhone? I don't know why I want to ditch the iPhone, but it just feels like I do. Maybe it's podcasts I listen too that talk about what they feel Android is better at than ios.

With iPhone I like it's stability, battery life, and app quality but I feel like the more and more I use my iPhone the harder and harder it'll be to switch to Android at some point if I decide to due to app and service lock in.

With Android, I like it's customizability, it's interactivity of apps and services, and I feel I can be more productive on it, but things I don't like are I notice more app crashes and lag, a bit lesser quality apps overall, and battery life is not as solid all around from devices I've used.

In fact, the main reason I want to go back to Android now is because I fear I won't be able to break from ios later on if I want to.

Right now I do own a nexus 7 2013 model. But also a Ipad 4. Should I just take a step back and just be content? It's just bugging me, you know?

What's your guys thoughts? I know it sounds like I'm a kid or something, but I really don't know what to do about this.

I'd ask, how do you usually make changes in your life, via careful planning or impulse? If by planning, you should wait and make a plan. If by impulse, if you only make changes via spontaneous impulse, you should sell the iPhone and get an Android.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes but after a couple of months (or sooner) there will be lag on the Moto G.

yeah, okay...i own it for a month and no issues so far...you know why?

not only stock android, no bloatware (the 3 motorola apps are actually useful) but i keep my phone clean, i don't fill it with crap!

if other pplz don't know how to care about their phone, i'm sorry lol

fill a SIV with crap...besides all the crap Samsung already adds and that terrible launcher...and see if it won't lag lol

also this is NOT a crapdroid, this is a DECENT budget phone, the best you can get currently and basically all tech sites recommend to buy it...and i didn't see any of them saying "don't get it, will be laggy soon", on the contrary, they all praised the smartphone performance for its price range!

and i figured something cheap would be best for OP if he wants a new phone atm...seeing he has car repairs and such!

sent from my Moto G <3

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
my rule to live by: anything that involves a motorcycle should be encouraged.

and why would the moto g lag in a few months? near as i can tell, there are no longer any developing lag issues inherent in any device running 4.3 or higher because of trim ability.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah, okay...i own it for a month and no issues so far...you know why?

not only stock android, no bloatware (the 3 motorola apps are actually useful) but i keep my phone clean, i don't fill it with crap!

if other pplz don't know how to care about their phone, i'm sorry lol

fill a SIV with crap...besides all the crap Samsung already adds and that terrible launcher...and see if it won't lag lol

also this is NOT a crapdroid, this is a DECENT budget phone, the best you can get currently and basically all tech sites recommend to buy it...and i didn't see any of them saying "don't get it, will be laggy soon", on the contrary, they all praised the smartphone performance for its price range!

and i figured something cheap would be best for OP if he wants a new phone atm...seeing he has car repairs and such!

sent from my Moto G <3

I'm not putting the phone down. I'm sure it's nice. But even $600 phones develop lag and most users are not like AC users who look into maintenance. I hope it doesn't develop lag. But every phone I know of (except my Nexus 5) does.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Phones do not develop lag over time.

The moto -G was also a very good suggestion.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Phones do not develop lag over time.

The moto -G was also a very good suggestion.

Posted via Android Central App

My phones other than the Nexus 5 (so far) did. I'm very glad yours hasn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz