Hello Everyone, I was just wondering if Nova Launcher or Apex launcher on the Nexus 4 is as Smooth or Smoother than Stock KitKat because I want to get one of them but I don't want anything to Lag, Also which one would be Smoother/Better, Apex or Nova Thanks for the Help

Posted via Android Central App
    12-26-2013 11:58 AM
    This is my experience on my Galaxy Nexus -- which is no hot performer anymore, believe me.

I prefered the options and features available in Apex over the ones available in Nova. It was only a few minor things that I probably could do without, but I've gotten used to it, so for that reason I use Apex. That being said, Nova does seem slightly faster and smoother then Apex does.

Now I can't tell you if either of them will be smoother/faster/better then the KitKat launcher, because I'm running a ROM -- the only way my Gnex remains stable enough for daily use (ugh)

Best way is to try Nova (free) for a few days, and then switch to Apex (free) for a few days. If you like one more then the other, believe me I find its worth a couple bucks for the full version which unlocks gestures and some other goodies (both for Apex Pro and Nova Prime).
    12-26-2013 06:56 PM
    12-27-2013 12:35 AM
    Best way is to try Nova (free) for a few days, and then switch to Apex (free) for a few days. If you like one more then the other, believe me I find its worth a couple bucks for the full version which unlocks gestures and some other goodies (both for Apex Pro and Nova Prime).
    I'll second this. The amount of "lag" or "smoothness" people perceive appears to be almost completely subjective. Different launcher use different tricks to appear "smooth" so you'll have to experiment to find which trick works the best on you.
    12-27-2013 09:13 AM
    Dancing-bass said it all an is spot on. I have used both (free) apex offers more in the free option over the Nova (free) version as to what runs smoother is yes subjective so just try both and see how you get on.

12-27-2013 06:05 PM
    I've tried both and prefer Nova. Right now I'm enjoying the stock Launcher of the Nexus 5 and see no reason to switch. If I do it will be Nova.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-27-2013 06:31 PM
    Yeh can't fault nova it's really smooth I'm liking aviate right now but before that I was on Apex and before that smart launcher and before that it was nova guess I like to be adventurous lol

12-27-2013 08:06 PM
    Nova and Apex both run excellently on my Nexus 4 but for some reason I prefer Apex.
    12-27-2013 08:37 PM