PDA replacement on the cheap

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So my Sister In Law has an old HTC My Touch 3g Slide and she's finally looking to replace it. Her budget is around $200. The biggest thing she wants is something that replaces her old Palm PDA. And she wants to take good pictures of her kids if she needs. Besides that, she just uses it as a phone and for facebook.
The devices she's considering are the HTC One S and the Motorola G. Though she really wants a Galaxy Note 2 or an HTC One. I love my Nexus 5 and recommeded it and the Moto X(My wife's phone) right away but its just more than she's willing to pay. Knowing her budget and needs, what do you think would be the best choice for her? I've been trying to lean her towards the Motorola but she's afraid the camera will suck.

Also,
Do you have any recommendations for apps someone used to a Palm would like? She's not a fan of Google Calendars for whatever reason...

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You aren't going to get a great camera in any phone under $200, but the Moto G's isn't any worse than any other phone in the price range. Id say Moto G because it is pretty much the best phone you can buy under $200

Posted via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So my Sister In Law has an old HTC My Touch 3g Slide and she's finally looking to replace it. Her budget is around $200. The biggest thing she wants is something that replaces her old Palm PDA. And she wants to take good pictures of her kids if she needs. Besides that, she just uses it as a phone and for facebook.
The devices she's considering are the HTC One S and the Motorola G. Though she really wants a Galaxy Note 2 or an HTC One. I love my Nexus 5 and recommeded it and the Moto X(My wife's phone) right away but its just more than she's willing to pay. Knowing her budget and needs, what do you think would be the best choice for her? I've been trying to lean her towards the Motorola but she's afraid the camera will suck.

Also,
Do you have any recommendations for apps someone used to a Palm would like? She's not a fan of Google Calendars for whatever reason...

Note 2? Why not the note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 because it is closer to her price range.

I agree there are lots out there but I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The note 2 because it is closer to her price range.

I agree there are lots out there but I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Is she buying off contract or on? I don't think you can get a Note 2 for $200 even used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech