Apps installed automatically on my Android devices

PlayForever8

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
These few days I feel very weird. I have a couple of Android phones, and two Android tablets.
Start from last week. I noticed that some Apps automatically installed on my phones and tablets.

I thought my gmail account might be used by someone else(I helped a friend to set up a phone
before, I may have used my gmail account to try it out). So, I changed all my gmail account
password yesterday. My Android devices are quiet one day(without Apps get installed automatically).
Today the misteory happened again. An game called Dragon is misteory installed on my devices
again.

Any idea about the problem ? Is my Google account hacked ? or what ?

Last edited:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
These few days I feel very weird. I have a couple of Android phones, and two Android tablets.
Start from last week. I noticed that some Apps automatically installed on my phones and tablets.

I thought my gmail account might be used by someone else(I helped a friend to set up a phone
before, I may have used my gmail account to try it out). So, I changed all my gmail account
password yesterday. My Android devices are quiet one day(without Apps get installed automatically).
Today the misteory happened again. An game called Dragon is misteory installed on my devices
again.

Any idea for the problem ?

No matter if someone has your account details or not, apps don't get downloaded and installed automatically on your phone. I'm thinking it might be ads from an app you downloaded.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

PlayForever8

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Those apps downloaded and installed automatically on my Android devices are the real Apps(games).
They don't look like Ads. Now I am going through all Apps that I downloaded to see which App is
doing this.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever downloaded those apps before? If so maybe ur google account might be trying to restore them ...if not the. I'm guessing you have a rogue app that's installing games

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset to be safe. Carefully watch the apps you install and read reviews to in the Play Store to see if anyone is having similar issues. Also, a quick search of the apps should yield results indicating other people with the same issue occurring. If so, consider staying away from whatever may be causing the app to automatically install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc