Poll: Which Manufacturer do you think will get the next Nexus?

Which OEM to get the next Nexus?

• Total voters

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think Moto would be a good idea seeing as how Google and Moto are one in the same now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it would be HTC because they can't afford it. I'd say either Samsung, LG, or Motorola.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I would have no problem with Moto getting one, but since the X is already kind of Nexus like, I would like to see Sony make one.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might even have expandable storage then... Would not be bad at all. :)

Would be nice, but doubtful. I was more hoping for Sony so that the brand could possibly expand to other carriers. Being on Sprint, I can't use a Sony on my network.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Would be nice, but doubtful. I was more hoping for Sony so that the brand could possibly expand to other carriers. Being on Sprint, I can't use a Sony on my network.

Yes and they do build electronics very well. I'm hoping to get a Z1 this year at some point (just to have).

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Just more of a curiosity for me. LG has already had 2 of them and they have been received well.
I would like Sony to make the Nexus device (Nexus+21mp+unbreakable+water-proof+awesome design=killer!), but I guess Motorola will get it since it belongs to Google now and Google will probably want to make use of it.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I would like Sony to make the Nexus device (Nexus+21mp+unbreakable+water-proof+awesome design=killer!), but I guess Motorola will get it since it belongs to Google now and Google will probably want to make use of it.

Unbreakable and water proof sounds wonderful!

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LG. silly that it's not listed in poll.

LG has done two in a row. I do not think they will get a third. It isn't that Google is unhappy with them, I just think they would want to spread the love.

I voted Sony, but when I saw Oppo listed as an option that kind of sent my brain into a nose dive! It hadn't even occored to me that Oppo would be in the running, but it would make sense. That said, I think their relationship with Cyanogen Inc. would be a mark against them trying to get into the Nexus program. I think Sony because they are in a similar situation to where LG was when they got the Nexus 4. Sony make great hardware that no one in the US buys.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think it'll be Sony.

I doubt it'll be Motorola.

I wouldn't be surprised at LG getting the next phone.

With GPe getting OEMs "early access", I don't see much motivation for someone to jump to make a Nexus - Samsung, Sony, LG, and HTC all already get early access and we already know what Motorola can do.

And lol Oppo.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
one should never treat the unlikely as impossible, nor the likely as certain.

I never said that it was impossible, just unlikely. I think Sony has motivation to try and get the Nexus. They saw what it did for LG, that is what they need.