Moto X vs Note 3 vs. Nexus 5 - cant decide

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I personally own both the Moto X & Nexus 5. I also have the Htc one which is an amazing phone, however I will leave that out for this comparison.

If you are all about specs, 1080p displays, quick updates & unlocked phones - the nexus 5 is hard to beat. It has a great display , and both the camera and speaker has improved with the latest update.

On the moto x side you have an awesome form factor suited for one handed use, along with a brilliant set of features. Once you get used to active display / notifications , it really is hard to go back to a phone without it. I was spoiled by it, and sure miss it when I use my other devices. The always listening feature is also very handy and really is useful. The level of software optimization going on is amazing. The thing runs very smooth, faster than some quad core devices. Also Motorola has been amazingly quick with the updates , so that is always a plus.

What carrier are you on? There are many questions to ask yourself when choosing a phone. Really is a tough choice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It all depends what you want from a phone they are all great in there own individual right.

The Nexus 5 can't be beaten on excellent spec's for value.

Meanwhile the note 3 can't be beaten on specs functionality, performance and the screen size is just right.

The Motorola X from what I here is quite a device.

It's really down to one thing what suites your needs in terms of storage, specs, price ect

I would narrow it down to between the Nexus 5 and the Note 3. Then decide G between them two is storage and price oh and the Camera with the Nexus 5's 8mgp a d the Note 3's 13mgp but as we all no numbers don't necessarily mean anything but from what I have read the Note 3's is slightly better.

Go into a mobile shop and try all 3 out and see what's right for you.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I would go LG g2 before the X or nexus 5. Which carrier are u on?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
It all depends what you want from a phone they are all great in there own individual right.

The Nexus 5 can't be beaten on excellent spec's for value.

Meanwhile the note 3 can't be beaten on specs functionality, performance and the screen size is just right.

The Motorola X from what I here is quite a device.

It's really down to one thing what suites your needs in terms of storage, specs, price ect

I would narrow it down to between the Nexus 5 and the Note 3. Then decide G between them two is storage and price oh and the Camera with the Nexus 5's 8mgp a d the Note 3's 13mgp but as we all no numbers don't necessarily mean anything but from what I have read the Note 3's is slightly better.

Go into a mobile shop and try all 3 out and see what's right for you.

Thanks for the help! Amd i was set on getting the note 3,but then i started making second guesses. How good is the battery life on both devices?

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you want the biggest screen and highest spec'd smartphone, then you can't go wrong with the Note 3. If you want the most bang-for-your-buck, then you can't go wrong with either the Nexus 5 or the Moto X.

If you value the features of the Moto X (touchless control, active notifications), its all-day battery life (as touted by Motorola), its stock UI, and its smaller size, then you can't go wrong with it. Also, it recently saw a price drop (to $399), if you haven't already noticed.

If you want the most smartphone for the least amount of money (starting at $350), and if you value timely Android updates and unlocked handsets, then you can't go wrong with the Nexus 5.

All three are great handsets; and they all have different feature sets. I suggest you go to Best Buy or some other electronics (or carrier) store and have some hands-on experience with all three.

Good Luck!! And, most importantly, have fun!!

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I personally own both the Moto X & Nexus 5. I also have the Htc one which is an amazing phone, however I will leave that out for this comparison.

If you are all about specs, 1080p displays, quick updates & unlocked phones - the nexus 5 is hard to beat. It has a great display , and both the camera and speaker has improved with the latest update.

On the moto x side you have an awesome form factor suited for one handed use, along with a brilliant set of features. Once you get used to active display / notifications , it really is hard to go back to a phone without it. I was spoiled by it, and sure miss it when I use my other devices. The always listening feature is also very handy and really is useful. The level of software optimization going on is amazing. The thing runs very smooth, faster than some quad core devices. Also Motorola has been amazingly quick with the updates , so that is always a plus.

What carrier are you on? There are many questions to ask yourself when choosing a phone. Really is a tough choice.

AT&T, and i want a phone with a great display, very fast, and great battery life

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I get up to 6 hours of screen time with around 17 hours on with the moto x. Or about 4 hours of screen time over the course of a two full days

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak of the Moto x as I don't know enough about it, but battery life, screen quality are on your list then the Note 3's is great and to throw in another phone the LG G2's battery from what I have read is also great.

Mercdroid also stated the the Nexus 5 offers the best bang for your dollar so that sure is an option that I wouldn't argue with.

The screen on the Nexus 5 is dam gooooood, camera has improved with the update and it has ois so hmm dilemma lol

What's your needs on storage?

Either way just go into a store and that way you can see for yourself and take the desicion process from there lol it sure is becoming harder to choose.

Have fun with whatever you decide to go for.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I get up to 6 hours of screen time with around 17 hours on with the moto x. Or about 4 hours of screen time over the course of a two full days

What about your nexus?

vgajicic

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
LG G2 is peace of sh.. Trust me i change 4 phones they have clicking and beeping when you talk, its good performance pone and its very cheap.
I have Note 3 and its way better.
Thanks and good luck

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Lg G2 fits this bill. Fastest phone, best screen, best camera, best battery. If you want a photablet then go note3.
AT&T, and i want a phone with a great display, very fast, and great battery life

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It all boils down to what you really want. I was in your the same boat as you with the Nexus 5 and Moto X. I'm a proud owner of the Moto X and I am loving it. The Nexus 5 is an awesome phone with awesome specs and is pure Google, but the Moto X is a very nice phone. Its a little bit smaller, which I personally like, and has some pretty cool features. I have found the battery life to be freaking awesome for me. I've heard both stories when it comes to battery, but I have been having good battery since day one and I'm a pretty heavy user.

All in all, they're all good phones. Just comes down to what you really want with the phone.

Good luck!

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Lg G2 fits this bill. Fastest phone, best screen, best camera, best battery. If you want a photablet then go note3.

What makes it the "fastest phone "

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hae the Note 3 and man do i like it it's fast lag free, great screen and add the pen. Its just awesome.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Man I would love to know what settings you're using to get 6+ hrs SOT! I'm barely pulling 4.

I play with my food

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Man I would love to know what settings you're using to get 6+ hrs SOT! I'm barely pulling 4.

I play with my food

+1 ... but, he's likely shutting down quite a few features when not in use. I get the same battery life as you, but I leave everything on 24/7.

If the OP values pure, smooth-running Android & fast updates, he ought to stay away from Samsuck. The extra features of the moto x make it the best damn smartphone I've owned yet. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech