Tinder bug...ruining my life

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I get the notification on my LG G2 that I have received a new message, but it doesn't load on Tinder. I have tried restarting the phone and that doesn't make it load.

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
It's happened 3 or 4 times now. It's unbelievable. I actually can't know what the F the message is. Surely it's in the Tinder database? But I can't see it? WTF!!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
First try clearing cache from Settings - Applications. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest uninstalling the reinstalling as well and see if that helps.

If still no fix the it's likely an issue with the App, so contact the developer and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling?

First try clearing cache from Settings - Applications. If that doesn't work then I'd suggest uninstalling the reinstalling as well and see if that helps.

If still no fix the it's likely an issue with the App, so contact the developer and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
OK are you guys absolutely sure I won't lose my matches and messages doing this?

By the way it happened again this morning.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
OK are you guys absolutely sure I won't lose my matches and messages doing this?

By the way it happened again this morning.
If you clear the cache, no. You won't lose any data. If you choose "Clear Data" then yes. Regarding uninstalling the App, I'm not sure how the service is setup. If you need to create an account and the app pulls data from a service then it all your information should re-load when you re-install the app. Don't quote me on that as I don't use the service - you're best bet is to contact the developer and verify.

Arm19

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Just log out from tinder and log back in. That should fix it. Do not delete the account as that will result in losing the contacts

stripeycat

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Just log out from tinder and log back in. That should fix it. Do not delete the account as that will result in losing the contacts

This doesn't work. I seem to be facing a similar if not the exact same bug. Tinder notification icon appears top left on Nexus 5, open the app, nothing new. Have logged out of the app and restarted. Also logged out of facebook for android and restarted.

EDIT: Emailed Tinder 'Contact us' link with explanation, received following response.

Dear ------,

Try typing that person?s name in the Search bar at the top of the all Matches screen. If the conversation doesn?t come up, it means that person either blocked you or deleted their account. Just to be sure, you can try signing out and back in. To do so, go to Settings, scroll down, hit Log out, and log back in. Tinder on!

Check out our FAQ: Tinder: FAQ

I know that this person has not blocked me or deleted their account. Explained the exact situation further, no response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome