If T-Mobile announces plan to pay your ETF to switch, will you?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been considering it for a while now. My wife and I are on a family plan with the in-laws on AT&T, so we only pay $100 for 2 lines on a 10 GB shared plan (5 lines on plan, but two use almost no data). I love the price, have no problem's with AT&T, but don't really like being on a plan with my inlaws. So, depending on the details of them paying your ETF, I'll seriously consider switching. My biggest sticking point will whether they let me keep my AT&T phones (which I would like to use on their network) or if I have to trade them in and get two new T-Mobile phones.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Switch to T-Mobile and have them pay your AT&T ETF.

Keep your phones from AT&T to use on T-Mobile.

End your contract with T-Mobile, take your AT&T phones and go to Straight Talk with their $45 unlimited plan.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Switch to T-Mobile and have them pay your AT&T ETF.

Keep your phones from AT&T to use on T-Mobile.

End your contract with T-Mobile, take your AT&T phones and go to Straight Talk with their $45 unlimited plan.

As it turns out, you do have to trade in your AT&T device for TMo to pay your ETF.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many people this promotion will draw. Could be wrong but I'd guess not many.

If you're on one of those family plans where leaving wouldn't save you a lot of $ monthly then you're probably not leaving.

If otoh you're getting raped on an individual verizon plan as I was, well then just educating myself about T-Mo's coverage locally & the $30 prepaid plan was enough for me to switch without the EFT incentive.
"Oh no I gotta pay $170 for the EFT!?"...
Except it actually saved me $130 because if I had honored the last 6mo's of the contract, I'd have paid $300 more over those 6 months (($80-30)*6) with a crappy plan of limited text/data & minutes I never use to boot.
I mean I'll still take the $170 if someone wants to give it to me but whatever.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was reading about b this earlier. You have to turn in your old phone. AND give up your old number. Thanks su c ks if you have had the same number for years

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz