The Hisense X1

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Is it a phone? Is it a tablet? No wait it's a Phaaaaaaablet X1 lol Yeh it sure looks the part going by vids watched and pics seen and the internals are in keeping for today's standards.

Having owned (recently sold) the galaxy Mega and at 6.3" was a struggle to use as in a phone sense. So I have that idea at just how big this is as do many that own a 7" tablet.

A few don't like the Note 3 and that's fine but for me it's a great phone and at 5.7" Samsung nailed it and that size is spot on and just to my liking.

What is your views in regards to the Hisense X1?

Posted via Android Central App

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for it so I can see all the Samsung Galaxy Note phone users show all hatred towards the X1/X3 and use the S-Pen as an advantage even though majority of everyone I know that own a Note phone use it like hardly ever.

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait for it so I can see all the Samsung Galaxy Note phone users show all hatred towards the X1/X3 and use the S-Pen as an advantage even though majority of everyone I know that own a Note phone use it like hardly ever.

I use my s pen all the time. It's honestly about integrating it into your routine. If you don't then there's really no use for it.

Apart from that I have no interest in hating on any other phone. (unless it's an iPhone 😉)

Personally can't wait to see how people are going to use the hisense because people will, no doubt, figure out a way but I'm not interested in it. The note hit the sweet spot for size as far as I'm concerned.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There definitely are people out there who would like a 7" tablet that can actually function as an actual phone (as opposed to using wi-fi or mobile data to access some sort of VOIP service). My wife hates the size of her iPhone 4S, likes the size of her iPad Mini, but bemoans the fact that she can't just bring the Mini wherever she needs to go as her phone and tablet (primarily for business).

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
There definitely are people out there who would like a 7" tablet that can actually function as an actual phone (as opposed to using wi-fi or mobile data to access some sort of VOIP service). My wife hates the size of her iPhone 4S, likes the size of her iPad Mini, but bemoans the fact that she can't just bring the Mini wherever she needs to go as her phone and tablet (primarily for business).

Looks like she should upgrade to a Note or other similar size phone when she gets an update available :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
She actually did look at a Note--it's still a little small in terms of screen size for what she'd be looking for. I think if the iPad Mini or the Nexus 7 came in phone versions, she'd go for that.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
She actually did look at a Note--it's still a little small in terms of screen size for what she'd be looking for. I think if the iPad Mini or the Nexus 7 came in phone versions, she'd go for that.

The Note 3 is too small? :eek:
Maybe the Xperia Z Ultra or an HTC Max? Lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, if she's going to get a big device, she wants to be able to see things easily on a big screen. The Note to her was like a way-too-big phone (which made it inconvenient to put in her pocket or purse), but just not quite big enough to meet her screen size preference. So it was like the perfect useless balance for her.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, if she's going to get a big device, she wants to be able to see things easily on a big screen. The Note to her was like a way-too-big phone (which made it inconvenient to put in her pocket or purse), but just not quite big enough to meet her screen size preference. So it was like the perfect useless balance for her.

So a bigger phone, but not too big? G2/S4?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope nope. That's why this X1 is kind of intriguing to me. What gives me pause is that it's Hisense. Sure, they've gotten good reviews with their Sero 7 tablets, but I wonder if they can make a seriously good high end device.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope nope. That's why this X1 is kind of intriguing to me. What gives me pause is that it's Hisense. Sure, they've gotten good reviews with their Sero 7 tablets, but I wonder if they can make a seriously good high end device.

We'll have to wait and see. Haven't seen the spec sheet, but in any case I don't think it'll match up to something like the Note 3. Couldn't be that bad either :p