Ranking the top 10 Android phones

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's my ranking of the top 10 Android smartphones. What do you guys think are the top 10? I put an asterisk next to the ones that I've owned.

1-Moto X*
2-Nexus 5
3-Note 3
4-LG G2
5-Droid Maxx
6-HTC One*
7-GS4*
8-HTC One Mini
9-Moto G
10-GS3*

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have played with many of those for short amount of time, so I might be able to judge from my limited experience, but I can't make definitive opinion, I think each phones have their own advantages. It's better to mention the main thing that stand out for each model.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have played with many of those for short amount of time, so I might be able to judge from my limited experience, but I can't make definitive opinion, I think each phones have their own advantages. It's better to mention the main thing that stand out for each model.

1-Moto X* (Pros: software, look/feel, battery life; Cons: camera)
2-Nexus 5 (Pros: Pure Android, screen, performance; Cons: battery life, camera)
3-Note 3 (Pros: screen, battery life, performance; Cons: Touchwiz)
4-LG G2 (Pros: screen, battery life, performance; Cons: software/UI)
5-Droid Maxx (Pros: software, battery life; Cons: camera, weight/bulk)
6-HTC One* (Pros: look/feel, screen, speakers; Cons: battery life, bezel/buttons)
7-GS4* (Pros: camera, screen; Cons: Touchwiz, look/feel)
8-HTC One Mini (Pros: look/feel; Cons: outdated specs)
9-Moto G (Pros: price; Cons: outdated specs, no LTE)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's my ranking of the top 10 Android smartphones. What do you guys think are the top 10?

1 - Nexus 5
2 - Moto X
3 - G2
4 - Note 3
5 - Galaxy S4 (GPE)
6 - Sony Xperia Z
7 - HTC One (GPE)
8 - Nexus 4
9 - Note 2
10 - Moto G

2 and 3 are really a tie...choosing between them would be hard.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I personally own or have owned half of that list: N4, N5, HTC One, Note3, G2, MotoX, and my favorite of 2013 is the Xperia Z1. Wasn't a big fan of the Z though.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's my ranking of the top 10 Android smartphones. What do you guys think are the top 10? I put an asterisk next to the ones that I've owned.

1-Moto X*
2-Nexus 5
3-Note 3
4-LG G2
5-Droid Maxx
6-HTC One*
7-GS4*
8-HTC One Mini
9-Moto G
10-GS3*

The note 3 Is number 1.

Posted via Android Central App

Que1999

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've gotta go with the Note 3 as well for the top spot. I've owned many Android and Nexus devices, this one takes the cake....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

1-Moto X*
2-Nexus 5
3-Note 3
4-LG G2
5-Droid Maxx
6-HTC One*
7-GS4*
8-HTC One Mini
9-Moto G
10-GS3*

How is the Maxx #5 if the Moto x is #1? Same phone but twice the battery life! I will say that I have tested their X8 chip vs Nexus 5's quad core and the Maxx won. Battery life and temperature was the tell-tell sign!
The upgrades to Assist are great tools that are only on the DROID, X line. Also the super low processors allow for great Tasker Voice commands that you just can't keep on 24 hours a day with any other phone!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
How is the Maxx #5 if the Moto x is #1? Same phone but twice the battery life! I will say that I have tested their X8 chip vs Nexus 5's quad core and the Maxx won. Battery life and temperature was the tell-tell sign!
The upgrades to Assist are great tools that are only on the DROID, X line. Also the super low processors allow for great Tasker Voice commands that you just can't keep on 24 hours a day with any other phone!

User experience. Moto X has a much better form factor, and the battery is more than enough. The Maxx is too thick and heavy to be comfortable to use :-\

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I understand that thought. The curved back and smaller, lighter feel is comfortable. I just prefer the solid weight of the Maxx so I know where it's at. This may just be me, but I feel less likely to drop the Maxx than I do the Moto X.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I understand that thought. The curved back and smaller, lighter feel is comfortable. I just prefer the solid weight of the Maxx so I know where it's at. This may just be me, but I feel less likely to drop the Maxx than I do the Moto X.

Makes sense, but this list was more of a general consensus of Android phones. Liking the added weight is something most people wouldn't like :-\

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can chime in that I have owned 3 of the OP's top 10. The X, Nexus 5, and GS3. I have a hard time deciding on a day to day basis whether to take the X or the Nexus 5 with me for the day.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
why only andriod?if there is iphone ,what is new Ranking ?

It's an all Android list because this is an Android forum. However, if the iPhone was considered, it would probably rank somewhere after the HTC One or GS4. Or it might not even make the list.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae