Rooting Pros & Cons

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm not going to claim that I am an expert however there are alot of benefits to rooting & flashing rom's.

Rooting itself is safe and easy or relatively lol its when it comes to flashing ROMs that you can run into issues. That said if you follow instructions then you should be OK.

The pros of rooting & flashing roms is that they provide the user to customise there phones to there liking by removing restrictions .

The negatives yes you can soft brick (get stuck in a bootloop) or hardbrick but for the most part they are usually safe.

However if you have a vanilla android I don't see the point my Note 3 is rooted and flashed with X Note but my Nexus 5 will remain stock as I have no desire or feel the need to root and flash.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in anyway folks.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm not going to claim that I am an expert however there are alot of benefits to rooting & flashing ROMs.

Rooting itself is safe and easy or relatively lol its when it comes to flashing ROMs that you can run into issues. That said if you follow instructions then you should be OK.

The pros of rooting & flashing roms is that they provide the user to customise there phones to there liking by removing restrictions .

The negatives yes you can soft brick (get stuck in a bootloop) or hardbrick but for the most part they are usually safe.

However if you have a vanilla android I don't see the point my Note 3 is rooted and flashed with X Note but my Nexus 5 will remain stock as I have no desire or feel the need to root and flash.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in anyway folks.

Posted via Android Central App

"Rooting itself is safe and easy"

Depends on the phone.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with almost every point, with the exception of rooting Nexus devices. Now that I have 4.4.2 (thanks to a custom ROM) I can see where 4.4.2 is pretty sweet bone stock. I'm running CM11 (which is the 4.4.2 nightly) and with ART Runtime my Galaxy Nexus is happier then it's been in a long time. Without it...

Well you see, carrier versions of the Galaxy Nexus were Yakjuux variants. Meaning that the updates were not from Google, but from Sammy/carriers. I would probably still be on 4.1 if I hadn't rooted my device and converted it to the yakju (google-supported) variant. I can only imagine the advantages to rooting modern skinned devices, because the advantage I experienced with my Gnex was amazing.

Other then that, I would agree. Android has really come a long way, even since 4.0 (my first taste of Android) and I'm sure will only continue to be refined, polished, and upgraded. Except for specific-use situations (or perhaps your favorite app still needs root), the need to root a nexus is dramatically reduced. Rooting a 4.3 skinned smartphone, yeah do it. Rooting a Nexus 5? not unless you find a situaion where you NEED to. Its more of a "want to" now then a "need to".