Need input on 2 Chromebooks

parkerd97

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to decide between the Samsung chrome book or the Acer C7. I will mainly be using it for typing papers for classes and doing basic web surfing. I do not want a tablet. Haha. I prefer peoples input based on whether or not you've owned own. Not some biased opinion bull.
Thanks,Parker

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
IMO the Samsung is the least attractive offering of the Chromebooks. I ended up with the HP11 (but for a very specific reason), but the two that screamed best value to me were the 4GB RAM 720 (which I can't find actually for sale for $250ish) and the 720P. I played with the 720 quite a few times before buying my Chromebook and it's a snappy device with plenty of power to run many tabs, keep docs flowing and for YouTube, etc. My HP basically is the Samsung one from a processor standpoint, but it has a few much better features, but I will admit that it's noticeably less capable than the Haswell devices, even though it's more than suitable for me to use in class and for forum cruising and social stuff.

If I was going to try to quantify it, I'd say the 720P is worth about 4 times the value per dollar of the Samsung and is WELL WORTH the $50 difference.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Samsung about 5 weeks before the 720 came out. The Samsung was a better option than the older 710 because of the 710's terrible battery. With the battery life of the 720, I see no reason to even consider the Samsung. I love Chrome OS but would not buy the Samsung (or HP 11) at this point. The 720 is superior in every way.

Posted via Android Central App