Well here is a thread that may strike a debate.

We have the moto x with the active display. The note 3 with the S-Pen and the Nexus 5 with OK Google and vanilla Android.

So a debate may ensue after this and keep an open mind.

Which one would you choose and recommend?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-25-2014 01:08 AM
    Moto X, especially with the sale starting next week for $100-off or $70-off for the off-contract phone.
    01-25-2014 01:11 AM
    Well I have both the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 and wow am I happy :-) was very impressed with the Nexus 5 and has been taking presadence over my Note 3 well for a while atleast.

But sure thing the moto x has landed here in the uk so might have to check that one out.

01-25-2014 01:35 AM
    Before getting my Moto X, it was between that and the Nexus 5. Since the Moto X is the closest to stock android without having a Nexus, and has active display, touch less controls, and more. I picked the Moto X. The battery and size was a big factor for me as well. I love my Moto X and I don't see myself trading it anytime soon.

Even though my call quality is only par. But I don't use the phone that much, so it doesn't completely bother me.

The Nexus 5 would have to be a good choice as well though because it is vanilla android and is a beast spec wise. Even though the X "lacks" in specs over the N5 on paper, in an everyday scenario you, at least I don't think, will see MUCH of a difference. The Moto X is a quick and responsive device.

I wouldn't even consider a Note 3 or any other Samsung device simply because of the UI. stock android really does make a difference.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    01-25-2014 02:10 AM
    Indeed however I have the Note 3 and boy is it gooood even more so that I have now flashed X-Note rom and am now shot of all the Samsung extras that I don't want or need.

As an overall your right about touchwiz holding back devices but that will change and the note 3 does compensate for it.

01-25-2014 02:27 AM
    but the Moto X also have OK Google Now lol

it even has a dedicated chip that is always listening to the user, so you can speak to it anytime!

sent from my Moto G <3
    01-25-2014 12:35 PM
    I say Moto X. I have the Note 3 and I'm trying to get rid of it for the Moto X. The Note 3 has so many features but I don't really use them in day to day life. The X seems like it's feature set is geared towards every day usage. I can't comment on the Nexus for one reason, Verizon. Love them or hate them I have two old unlimited data plans and I burn thru 4G data quicker than Ken Block burns thru tires.

sent from my thumbs...
    01-28-2014 10:18 AM
    Which one would you choose and recommend?
    Personally I like the nexus 5 the best. I love how smooth it is, I love the fast updates, I love that it will get support longer than the others. Better display and camera than the Moto X. And not polluted with Touchwiz like the Note 3. I like the size and build quality a lot as well.

But what I would recommend for you would depend on what you consider most important. They are all the best at some things, but none of them are the best at everything.
    01-28-2014 05:05 PM
    Yeah I have both the nexus 5 and the Note 3 and I for the moment have been attached to my Nexus 5, enjoy how smooth vanilla android is, although I do have X-Note on my Note 3.

I will alternate but I am very impressed with the Nexus 5 didn't think any phone would take my attention away from my Note 3 how wrong lol

01-28-2014 06:42 PM
    I don't own all three devices, but I can share my experience on why I chose the Moto X.

I was using a N4, but I was considering between the N5 and Moto X, I went ahead with the Moto X due to their recent sale.
    -Despite N5 1080p screen, I like AMOLED screen for better contrast and dark level, I tend to use the phone in bed in the dark (don't ask), I can't stand backlight leakage and poorer contrast of some LCD screens.
    -Moto X general perceived better battery life
    -Touchless control
    -Better build materials (imo)
    -Phone size is just right, I dislike oversized phone
    -For once I want to support an American company instead

I don't know if it's the right decision yet, since its all about software for me and I can do unlimited things with the N5 such as installing a custom kernel that allow things like: swiping across the screen to wake/sleep the device, fine tuning the display or sound chip, multiboot into multiple Android roms and Ubuntu and other Linux OS. I will miss these things, but nowaday I mostly use stock Android and only need root. I do know Moto X is supported by Cyanogemod so eventually it will get some features, but it won't be as abundance as a Nexus. It also lack qi charging which lose a coolness factor.

I'm trying to look at it in a practical use and I think the screen, size, battery life and features of the Moto X might be more useful for my case. I can do a lot of things with the Nexus 5, but in the end of the day its more about tweaking fun than actually using the phone. Personally I want both phones, my ideal phone right now would be the Nexus 5 with AMOLED screen and the Moto X power saving processor and features. Or inversely you could say I would like a Moto X with 1080p AMOLED screen, qi charging, and is Google Edition.

As for the Note 3, I hate big phones, I wouldn't touch Touchwiz with a 10ft pole, I dislike Samsung build quality for recent devices, and it's too much to spend for an unlocked one.
    01-29-2014 03:23 AM
    Nexus 5 on Verizon?

01-29-2014 03:40 AM
    I don't own all three devices, but I can share my experience on why I chose the Moto X.

I was using a N4, but I was considering between the N5 and Moto X, I went ahead with the Moto X due to their recent sale.
    -Despite N5 1080p screen, I like AMOLED screen for better contrast and dark level, I tend to use the phone in bed in the dark (don't ask), I can't stand backlight leakage and poorer contrast of some LCD screens.
    -Moto X general perceived better battery life
    -Touchless control
    -Better build materials (imo)
    -Phone size is just right, I dislike oversized phone
    -For once I want to support an American company instead

I don't know if it's the right decision yet, since its all about software for me and I can do unlimited things with the N5 such as installing a custom kernel that allow things like: swiping across the screen to wake/sleep the device, fine tuning the display or sound chip, multiboot into multiple Android roms and Ubuntu and other Linux OS. I will miss these things, but nowaday I mostly use stock Android and only need root. I do know Moto X is supported by Cyanogemod so eventually it will get some features, but it won't be as abundance as a Nexus. It also lack qi charging which lose a coolness factor.

I'm trying to look at it in a practical use and I think the screen, size, battery life and features of the Moto X might be more useful for my case. I can do a lot of things with the Nexus 5, but in the end of the day its more about tweaking fun than actually using the phone. Personally I want both phones, my ideal phone right now would be the Nexus 5 with AMOLED screen and the Moto X power saving processor and features. Or inversely you could say I would like a Moto X with 1080p AMOLED screen, qi charging, and is Google Edition.

As for the Note 3, I hate big phones, I wouldn't touch Touchwiz with a 10ft pole, I dislike Samsung build quality for recent devices, and it's too much to spend for an unlocked one.
    All of this.

01-29-2014 03:46 AM

One thing I will add about the Nexus 5 display...it is easy to read in bright light. I can read the display in direct sunlight with sunglasses on...I don't remember being able to do that with any other phone. Certainly not AMOLED displays.

Nexus 5 black levels are decent for an LCD...better than the nexus 4 stock for sure, but not the best I have seen. It handles gradients beautifully though (perfect really). And it is nice not being able to see pixels, even when holding it close up.
    01-29-2014 01:00 PM
    Well all I would need is the moto x to complete the title line up and yes its now available in the UK however 3 phones would be ridiculous right? Lol :-P

01-29-2014 04:15 PM
    Well all I would need is the moto x to complete the title line up and yes its now available in the UK however 3 phones would be ridiculous right? Lol :-P

Blasphemy!!!

01-29-2014 04:51 PM
    ^^^^^haha yeah my apologies but my comment did bare sarcasm lol might just go for the moto x aswel :-)

01-29-2014 05:08 PM
    Now the question is: With the pending sale of Motorola to Lenovo (still requires government approval by both the U.S. and China), does that change anyone's opinion on whether they would get a Moto X? Would you be more likely to go with a Note 3 or Nexus 5 after hearing the news?
    01-30-2014 12:24 AM
    Due to recent events, I would say Moto X is out of the running. It might very well end up still receiving timely updates, but I doubt it.

I'd say "wait and see' but by the time we find out whether or not Lenovo can be trusted, the Moto X will be old news.
    01-30-2014 05:26 PM
    Yeah, I just read about that. I really don't know what's gonna happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

01-31-2014 02:42 AM