Best tablet for $70

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If possible, I'd suggest saving a little more and try getting a new or used Nexus 7. That device doesn't have the specs needed to make your experience worthwhile. Remember that you get what you pay for, and you'll be getting a not so good experience if you go with that device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Here's a better deal--a 16 GB Asus MeMO pad 7 for $80. ASUS MeMO Pad 7 for $79.99 + Free Shipping on 1Sale.com

Both of the tablets you listed have only 512 MB of RAM (which means not as much room for open apps, which means slower/clunkier performance) and 4 GB of storage ROM (of which only about 1 GB will actually be available to you--this is where you install apps, so not much room there). In addition, they both only have 800x480 displays, which is pretty low-res by today's standards.

The Asus I linked to above is like a somewhat lesser 2012 Nexus 7, which is still pretty good. It's also refurbished, but you're likely to get much better enjoyment out of it. If you're interested, hurry up! The deal ends in 2 hrs.

RockoB8

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I'd pass on it if I were you. Like srkmagus said, you get what you pay for. It's a severly outdated device and you're better off saving more of your money for a device that can handle evertyhing any other device. Personally, I am using the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9inch tablet/e-reader. It's fantastic, but might I suggest checking out the Kindle Fire HDX 7inch model? It's only $344 for a 16gb model. And I realize you're a bit off from that price, but it's probably best to save up to that amount for a good tablet anyways.

If you want, you can go for the regular kindle fire hd which is only $133 and comes with 8GB of storage. Might be worth checking out.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy but I only have $70 and it's on my amazon account or else I would have gotten that tablet.

I also would only be using the tablet for apps like kik and minecraft if that helps at all.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy but I only have $70 and it's on my amazon account or else I would have gotten that tablet.

I also would only be using the tablet for apps like kik and minecraft if that helps at all.
If "$70 and not a penny more" is your limit, then I have not seen anything better than what you have in the OP.

But the Asus Memo pad is significantly better in every way for $10 more. It would be worth saving for. 512k is really lean for RAM. I know this from experience.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its worth buying one of these cheap knock off tablet and deal with the frustration that may come with them.

The Hisense Sero 7 LT is what I would choose from the ones mentioned, its one of the better brand for these ultracheap tablets. It's only 4GB internal storage, but it have MicroSD and miniHDMI out. It should be rootable as well.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think its worth buying one of these cheap knock off tablet and deal with the frustration that may come with them.
They are not so bad if they are actually cheap. $70 is not cheap when you can get a Memo pad for $10 more. 3 times the tablet for $10 is a significantly better deal.

$70 is not a good deal for any of the tablets he linked to if he can get a Memo pad for almost the same price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae