Best Phone for Next 2+ years

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Due to circumstances that are out of my control, I'm looking to hook up with a new wireless carrier ASAP. I'm considering AT&T & Verizon but also thinking about trying aio wirlesss too. I know this is probably the worst time to sign up for new service because new Androids are coming right down the pipe. But, based on what is available today (1/29/14) which phone would you be willing to sign a two year agreement if you had to. Which do you guys think has the longest staying power on the market (not interested in the Note 3, too big for me). I'm leaning towards the S4 but another device that I'm interested in for some reason is the Droid Maxx (mainly because of the battery and it's owned by google).

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I vote Moto X. That and Nexus 5 are more likely to get software updates than anything else, and the Moto X has much better battery life.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 loses me in 2 areas, the external speaker quality and the washed out screen colors. The screen is super nice but I just don't like the faded color feel of it. Battery life isn't great either, but not as important.

My must haves are:
Excellent Camera
Likelyhood of being kept up to date w/ software updates & support
Speaker quality/ clarity

I'm honestly considering the iPhone 5S too. I see a lot of people still using iPhone 4s!

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Would have to be between the Nexus 5 or from what I hear the moto x. Although the battery life on the Nexus 5 ain't the best it does have enough juice for moderate use so if your intensive and use you phone a lot for taking pics, internet, gaming ect perhaps the G2 may be your best option.

Whatever you decide enjoy it :)

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Due to circumstances that are out of my control, I'm looking to hook up with a new wireless carrier ASAP. I'm considering AT&T & Verizon but also thinking about trying aio wirlesss too. I know this is probably the worst time to sign up for new service because new Androids are coming right down the pipe. But, based on what is available today (1/29/14) which phone would you be willing to sign a two year agreement if you had to. Which do you guys think has the longest staying power on the market (not interested in the Note 3, too big for me). I'm leaning towards the S4 but another device that I'm interested in for some reason is the Droid Maxx (mainly because of the battery and it's owned by google).

2 years, an S4, iPhone 5S, or a Nokia Lumia 1020. These are going to supported for two years, which is the reason why I chose them. All have good cameras and decent battery life. Android for the most part if you are on a two year contract, you go with Samsung. They have more reliable phones for longer periods of time with their flagship's such as the S4. I know people with an S2 that won't quit. The S3 is still very popular with a lot of people and the S4 is without one of the most popular android phones of all time.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to go iPhone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Hope you enjoy! Remember to check out our Mobile Nations sister site, iMore.com, for any questions and to keep up on the iPhone discussions. You can click the link at the top of the page and simply log in with your current Passport account. :)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Nexus is the only phone that have a guarantee you will get updates that long for Android. I think getting an iPhone now, two years later Android will get so much more advancement like it is already.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5. Now that Motorola was sold, we don't know if the Maxx or Moto X will get software support as long as originally promised.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza