Google to sell Motorola Mobility to Lenovo for $2.91 billion

Would you still buy a Moto X post Motorola/Lenovo Deal?

• Total voters

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Would you still buy a Moto X post Motorola/Lenovo Deal?

Until Valentine's Day. Don't think the sale changed that

Posted via Android Central App

I was asking if the Motorola Moto X would still be commercially available when the Lenovo deal actually closes. ;)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Would you still buy a Moto X post Motorola/Lenovo Deal?

I was asking if the Motorola Moto X would still be commercially available when the Lenovo deal actually closes. ;)

Ah, OK. Then probably not :p

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Stock android would fit his needs, I don't think he wants it purely for the sake of having stock. Just that it's the best implementation of android on phones nowadays

Not really. Stock android has some of the least amount of features. Nothing really unique about it besides being a Google Phone.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Breaking News: Lenovo set to buyout Motorola Mobility from Google

My Google Translator is broken. How do you say MOAR SPECS in Chinese?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lenovo reportedly set to buy Motorola from Google for up to $3 billion

Why does stock matter so much to you? Shouldn't you get the phone that suits your needs in your day to day life and not just worry about whatever future updates you (can or could) possibly get? That's what I did. My Moto X has good battery life, a not huge screen, and useful features. Only pitfall is email handling, but that's all android phones.

Because I prefer stock Android over a skin. And I don't want to root to get it. I also like quick updates. It's what works best for me and that's what I want to use. I've waited since the Galaxy Nexus debacle to get a stock phone. And I have unlimited data so I really don't want to leave Verizon.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google to sell Motorola Mobility to Lenovo for around $3 billion.

Not really. Stock android has some of the least amount of features. Nothing really unique about it besides being a Google Phone.

It's not about it being unique or having a plethora of features. Most of the features found in other flagships and that are advertised as selling points don't work very well or don't add to the user experience at all. (Looking at you Samsung)
Having no skin to obstruct the phone and not having an ugly UI like most other phones do only takes away from what makes the phone enjoyable. Plus you get far slower updates with a skin

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

It's not about it being unique or having a plethora of features. Most of the features found in other flagships and that are advertised as selling points don't work very well or don't add to the user experience at all. (Looking at you Samsung)
Having no skin to obstruct the phone and not having an ugly UI like most other phones do only takes away from what makes the phone enjoyable. Plus you get far slower updates with a skin

But if stock phones are so enjoyable, why do they do poorly with average consumers?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

But if stock phones are so enjoyable, why do they do poorly with average consumers?

Because average customers buy into the advertised features and buy anything with Samsung/Apple in the name. It's all about the brand
I guarantee that an overwhelming majority of people don't even know what skin their phone has and couldn't care less which one it has

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Because the average consumer is a sucker that doesnt know any better. They hear all the gimmicky things and think its all innovative and what not. You can pull a used car salesman on most people. Just ask our President

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Because average customers buy into the advertised features and buy anything with Samsung/Apple in the name. It's all about the brand
I guarantee that an overwhelming majority of people don't even know what skin their phone has and couldn't care less which one it has

Exactly. If a phone has extra features that are cool it's just a plus with the consumer. Mainly as it always has been it's about apps and what devices friends have or what's popular.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. If a phone has extra features that are cool it's just a plus with the consumer. Mainly as it always has been it's about apps and what devices friends have or what's popular.

Most people don't use any of the "cool" features. Anyway, we're getting way off-topic here :p

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Most people don't use any of the "cool" features. Anyway, we're getting way off-topic here :p

Motorola sold to Lenovo? I think the world has ended.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Motorola sold to Lenovo? I think the world has ended.

What does that have to do with what I said? All I said is that we were derailing the thread, I didn't give my opinion on the sale.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

What does that have to do with what I said? All I said is that we were derailing the thread, I didn't give my opinion on the sale.

It was a joke. My badness.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Motorola didn't make the phones in the U.S., all they did was assemble them here
they don't make the parts used to make the phone here, but the phones are made here. Guess it all depends on what you mean by "make a phone."