What Do Ya Think?

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I love my smartphone! I'm also fascinated by the ethics of technology ... or, more specifically, the perceptions and proclivities of society at-large regarding both the presence and usage of all these high-tech wonder machines that are either here now, or soon forthcoming {smartphones, Google Glass, etc}, and how they are forcing us to rethink concepts such as personal privacy, the public domain, and that murkish gray area which exists between a very long stretch of their common border.

Does anyone else have a similar interest? If so, perhaps we can swap some ideas!

Sent via Cyberspace

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Technology is a game changer for sure. As for privacy, technology might have been a part of it, but it's mostly because of the NSA :p. Technology is not only advancing consumer electronics for personal pleasure, but in other areas like the medical field, etc. In fact, I see technology as a weapon in some sort of twisted way. O_O

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
George Orwell would surely have loved making modern-day smartphones the enemy of all mankind as the primary "tool of choice" wielded by Big Brother!

Many people today have antiquated notions of just what constitutes personal privacy. Like it or not, those principles are often inadvertently circumnavigated by modern technology. In some cases, though perhaps not all, we need to redefine those concepts. Failing to do so can only result in an ever-growing number of occasions where we take offense at the world around us.

Sent via Cyberspace

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
George Orwell would surely have loved making modern-day smartphones the enemy of all mankind as the primary "tool of choice" wielded by Big Brother!

Many people today have antiquated notions of just what constitutes personal privacy. Like it or not, those principles are often inadvertently circumnavigated by modern technology. In some cases, though perhaps not all, we need to redefine those concepts. Failing to do so can only result in an ever-growing number of occasions where we take offense at the world around us.

Sent via Cyberspace

I'm guessing you're not a fan of social networking sites? :)