Sync photos with PC

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for an hour for a pc app that syncs my Android photos with a folder on my PC. I know I can sync with G+ but don't want to got hat route. What i want is a local PC sync. I've tried Kies and that seems only to do backups not true syncs. double Twist didn't seem to work for me either. There has to be somethings similar to my camera application that interfaces with the camera and syncs photos to a folder on my PC and saves them to Year>Month>Day folder structure. And then on subsequent connections, syncs the data on the PC with the Android device. Is there such an app?

~AGP

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking for an hour for a pc app that syncs my Android photos with a folder on my PC. I know I can sync with G+ but don't want to got hat route. What i want is a local PC sync. I've tried Kies and that seems only to do backups not true syncs. double Twist didn't seem to work for me either. There has to be somethings similar to my camera application that interfaces with the camera and syncs photos to a folder on my PC and saves them to Year>Month>Day folder structure. And then on subsequent connections, syncs the data on the PC with the Android device. Is there such an app?

~AGP

You can try syncing photos with a cloud storage provider such as dropbox or Google drive. I also suggest trying Cheetah Sync as well as it looks promising!

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
"I know I can sync with G+ but don't want to got hat route." i don't want to sync to the cloud. All I want is a sync to the PC. I thought there was an app that did this with ease. let me check out Cheetah Sync.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
"I know I can sync with G+ but don't want to got hat route." i don't want to sync to the cloud. All I want is a sync to the PC. I thought there was an app that did this with ease. let me check out Cheetah Sync.

Are you trying to do this from your own internet connection at home? Or is this while you are on the go?

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just a plain ol' USB connection to my PC. Sync photos from a folder on my PC to my Android device. Not a backup but a sync. I thought there was something that did this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"I know I can sync with G+ but don't want to got hat route." i don't want to sync to the cloud.

Be aware that there are a lot of cloud solutions available, not just G+--that's why wizzrah was suggesting other cloud services like Dropbox as a possible solution. Some people don't want to use G+ because they're worried about Google having all of their information, but are ok with other cloud services--perhaps they trust those other ones more. Also, some people are ok with Google Drive, and just don't want to use Google+. Anyway, I don't think wizzrah was ignoring what you said.:)

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
yes I'm cool with that. I am just not interested in a cloud sync at all. All I need is to sync to my PC. I could have sworn that there was a PC app that did this flawlessly but cant seem to remember what it was. Seems like it should be pretty simple. My camera has an app that does really well. That's all i want to do with my Android device is sync via USB to my PC.

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So tried BTSync and I just don't get it. I installed on my desktop and on my device. Setup a sync folder on my desktop and then on my device had trouble setting the sync folder. I just want all available photos to sync. It seems like I had to choose a specific folder and I just chose the deepest folder that had write access. It started syncing music, videos and pictures. All I need is photos so cant find where that setting is at. I'm gonna try the other suggestions.

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
SyncMe Wireless works great but again I cant choose what types I sync. I have huge movies which i don't want to sync. Photos is all I need.

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
why wouldn't you sync the folder that has your photos? dcim. i mean you can sync whatever you want, but if you opt to sync everything you shouldn't complain when you get everything.

sindizzy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here is the thing. I am looking (not demanding) for suggestions for an app. All i want is the app to sync my entire phone to a folder on my computer. And all I want is pictures, nothing else. The suggestions here are great but they either require specific folders and/or sync all pictures/videos/music. My pictures are not only stored in DCIM. The app Kies is able to do this but it only backups up not syncs. Again I appreciate the suggestions but find the options within these apps not what i want to do.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante