Rooting, Flashing & Time

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
OK so I got into rooting and flashing roms a few months ago and I can honestly say it does become an obsession thus it takes up a lot of time lol

I have now flashed KitKat 4.4.2 on my note 3 works just fine and managed to get it rooted also. It didn't have stock or custom recovery the latter being obvious you would need one to fit the new build, however one would expect it to have stock but no which was odd.

So me not thinking I installed mobile Odin a great utility but due to my lack of thought and impatience I flashed a custom ROM yup duh I didn't have a recovery lol

So my Note 3 is soft bricked but thankfully I think installing the custom recovery via PC odin will cure and
save me from flashing the 4.4.2 firmware again and starting from scratch.

So lesson/advice don't get into flashing or just be more patient lol is one lesson I have learned lol

Just thought I would share my recent experience lol

And possibly a laugh :p

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are feeling adventurous, install MultiROM to the Nexus 5, it is the Mecca of flashing. And you shouldn't have to worry since it's nearly impossible to brick a Nexus.

sent via tapatalk

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Update I reflashed the KitKat 4.4.2 firmware and thankfully it restored my previous settings. I then had to root again and finally as I was previously flashing the wrong recovery I got the new one specifically for android and it worked. Flashed a new ROM X-Note 8 and job done.

So I now have My note 3 on 4.4.2 running X-Note 8.

Wow if I was more patient I wouldn't of soft bricked a few times, but wey hey got there in the end lol

And I might root the nexus and opt for multirom then again maybe not lol

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie