Selling iPad and iPhone and going back to android.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm taking the plunge and selling my iPad 4 and iPhone 5S on gazelle to purchase a nexus 5 32gb. While the phone are being shipped to gazelle, then waiting for the nexus to arrive, I'm going to have to be using a old flip phone for maybe a week :(

But I do have a concern . My iPhone is under the art next plan and there's still a balance on the phone. Obviously I still intend to pay off the phone, but will gazelle eve take it when there's a balance on it?

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
While I cannot answer the question you asked, I do have a suggestion. Before selling to gazelle I would attempt to sell your devices through either the marketplace here, the marketplace over on iMore, or on swappa. You'll probably get much more going that route than if you sell them to gazelle. Plus you'll be able to keep using your phone until the sale actually goes through. And if after a while you don't get any sales you can still sell to gazelle.

TL;DR - sell your devices somewhere else than gazelle, you'll get way more buck for your bang.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
While I cannot answer the question you asked, I do have a suggestion. Before selling to gazelle I would attempt to sell your devices through either the marketplace here, the marketplace over on iMore, or on swappa. You'll probably get much more going that route than if you sell them to gazelle. Plus you'll be able to keep using your phone until the sale actually goes through. And if after a while you don't get any sales you can still sell to gazelle.

TL;DR - sell your devices somewhere else than gazelle, you'll get way more buck for your bang.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Mmmm, honestly don't mind taking the hit. I just want to turn these around quickly so I can order the nexus 5.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Mmmm, honestly don't mind taking the hit. I just want to turn these around quickly so I can order the nexus 5.

No, seriously you are missing out on a few hundred dollars going to Gazelle. An iPad 4 plus a 5S garners at least $600-700 in excellent condition. Even best buy gives better money.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm taking the plunge and selling my iPad 4 and iPhone 5S on gazelle to purchase a nexus 5 32gb. While the phone are being shipped to gazelle, then waiting for the nexus to arrive, I'm going to have to be using a old flip phone for maybe a week :(

But I do have a concern . My iPhone is under the art next plan and there's still a balance on the phone. Obviously I still intend to pay off the phone, but will gazelle eve take it when there's a balance on it?

If you are switching phones then I think you would lose the next plan anyways. Go to AT&T first and ask to switch your service from the iPhone to the flip phone. They will change your plan accordingly, you of course will have to pay the phone off as well. You sell the iPhone and iPad then, when you get the Nexus 5. Then you change the plan again with AT&T to allow data on your plan again. Then you should be good. But this all starts with going to AT&T physically so they can switch things around and not do it yourself.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
If you are switching phones then I think you would lose the next plan anyways. Go to AT&T first and ask to switch your service from the iPhone to the flip phone. They will change your plan accordingly, you of course will have to pay the phone off as well. You sell the iPhone and iPad then, when you get the Nexus 5. Then you change the plan again with AT&T to allow data on your plan again. Then you should be good. But this all starts with going to AT&T physically so they can switch things around and not do it yourself.

We'll, I don't have the money to fully pay off the phone right now. So I might have to wait anyway :(

I was thinking it over last night, and I'm probably not going to sell the iPad and iPhone right now and just save for the nexus 5 and just buy that, then make my decision. Heck, might keep the iPad just so I at least have access to my games I purchased on it and apps.

But I do fear the longer I put this off, the harder it'll be to switch to android, because I'll keep buying ios apps and etc .

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
We'll, I don't have the money to fully pay off the phone right now. So I might have to wait anyway :(

I was thinking it over last night, and I'm probably not going to sell the iPad and iPhone right now and just save for the nexus 5 and just buy that, then make my decision. Heck, might keep the iPad just so I at least have access to my games I purchased on it and apps.

But I do fear the longer I put this off, the harder it'll be to switch to android, because I'll keep buying ios apps and etc .

Saving to buy it is a good idea. Also, use cross platform services and apps. Evernote or Simplenote for notes or Drop box and Sky drive for storage. Use Google Play Music for your music needs, or even spotify or a similar service.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Saving to buy it is a good idea. Also, use cross platform services and apps. Evernote or Simplenote for notes or Drop box and Sky drive for storage. Use Google Play Music for your music needs, or even spotify or a similar service.

Yeah, but hopefully it won't take me too long to save up for it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513