I got an Android, but want to go back to the iPhone. Why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: got an android but want to go back to iphone. why is this

There could be a number of reasons for your problems. There are variables that need to be determined. The LG G2 I heard is suppose to have good battery life. It could have been apps that were running in the background. I'm not sure what you are use to for speed as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is pretty fast. Are you referring to the fluidity of the navigation throughout your phone? Like I said, there could be many things that affected your overall experience.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

im not even doing anything the phone is on stand by and it has dropped 5% in 3 hours when i had my iphone it would drop 2% on stand by in 3 hours

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Wow. While a 3% difference might be big to you, it seems alright. What apps do you have installed? Check to see what's running. And do you leave wifi on?

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

See, this makes me curious. I won't use an Apple product as long as it needs iTunes (long story... Long hatred...) but.... I recognize that iPhone (and many Apple products) just "work".

Most of us who use Android love to "play" or "tweak" the phone. I hate bloatware, so I root to get rid of it. Then, I want led to blink with screen ON, so I need an AOKP ROM. This is where many issues stare.

I wonder how many Android users just open box, charge phone, and use it "as is". Do they love their phones like iPhone users do? My sister - in-law loves her iPhone. She doesn't "change" anything. Maybe moves icons, but that is it. Stock wallpaper, apps, music player, etc.... If I used my phone like that, it would have no "issues".

My son just got an HTC1. Loves it. Like his cousin loves his iPhone. Side by side, un-altered, they make calls as fast, play music (my son can download more for free), play games, text, take pictures, play videos, etc.

I find people who complain about Android bought Android for its "freedom", but forgot to realize that by being "free", they are changing something in the way the company wanted the phone to work. Apple eliminates this option. You can't change it, so it works as company says it should.

Just my thoughts....
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

i have to leave wifi on because i switched from unlimited data to 1gb of data and kind of wish i didnt leave att for that. and no apps are running at all. i clear them all

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

See, this makes me curious. I won't use an Apple product as long as it needs iTunes (long story... Long hatred...) but.... I recognize that iPhone (and many Apple products) just "work".

Most of us who use Android love to "play" or "tweak" the phone. I hate bloatware, so I root to get rid of it. Then, I want led to blink with screen ON, so I need an AOKP ROM. This is where many issues stare.

I wonder how many Android users just open box, charge phone, and use it "as is". Do they love their phones like iPhone users do? My sister - in-law loves her iPhone. She doesn't "change" anything. Maybe moves icons, but that is it. Stock wallpaper, apps, music player, etc.... If I used my phone like that, it would have no "issues".

My son just got an HTC1. Loves it. Like his cousin loves his iPhone. Side by side, un-altered, they make calls as fast, play music (my son can download more for free), play games, text, take pictures, play videos, etc.

I find people who complain about Android bought Android for its "freedom", but forgot to realize that by being "free", they are changing something in the way the company wanted the phone to work. Apple eliminates this option. You can't change it, so it works as company says it should.

Just my thoughts....
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

You can use android phones as is just fine. I was like that for 8 months before I got bored of the original ROM. I believe it's just tempting to know that if you ever get bored of the interface, there are other available options (ROMS, Kernels, Mods, etc.). I'm on a custom ROM right now and it is better than any stock OTA update/original rom I've ever had. Root is great if you know what you can do with it. While I'm not biased, I love Android either way.

- - - Updated - - -

i have to leave wifi on because i switched from unlimited data to 1gb of data and kind of wish i didnt leave att for that. and no apps are running at all. i clear them all

Is your data on? Make sure it's off.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

if i root my phone is there anyway to use some kind of hack that doesnt use as much data or pretty much free data?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

im not even doing anything the phone is on stand by and it has dropped 5% in 3 hours when i had my iphone it would drop 2% on stand by in 3 hours

Something else to consider is there is I think a 1.5" difference in the display size. That is a lot of extra screen that needs to be powered. Android does a lot more in the background than Apple. And could you clarify on 'speed'?

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site

this is my 5th time trying android and i have always gone back to iphone. why is this? i know over all android is superior in everything but everytime i use the android it seems like its just worse off in everyway for battery, camera, speed, texting and anything else. i have the lg g2 but been an iphone user my whole life. what do i do to stay on android. any suggestions?

I honestly don't see the point of you forcing yourself to stick with android if it offers a worse user experience overall.

Different people have differing needs, and are best served by different devices. I don't see the shame in using an iPhone if that is what would meet your use case the best.

My advice - go back to using an iPhone if that is what offers the best user experience for you.

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site

I honestly don't see the point of you forcing yourself to stick with android if it offers a worse user experience overall.

Different people have differing needs, and are best served by different devices. I don't see the shame in using an iPhone if that is what would meet your use case the best.

My advice - go back to using an iPhone if that is what offers the best user experience for you.

i just found out though that i can root my android make the battery last daysssssss and I can basically turn it into an iphone :D so basically i would have a bigger iphone then anyone. might do that. but i understand what you are saying.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

If you just got your lg g2 a few days ago it takes about a week for it to get good battery life. It also takes a while to get used to a different os if you've had an iPhone for a while.

Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

i just found out though that i can root my android make the battery last daysssssss and I can basically turn it into an iphone :D so basically i would have a bigger iphone then anyone. might do that. but i understand what you are saying.

It seems you have a misunderstanding of what root is.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Idle time on the iPhone will always be better than on any Android phone. Apple products have lower clocked processors, so they don't use as much battery when idle.
When in actual use however, the majority of Android phones will last a lot longer than the iPhone. The G2 is one of the best in that regard

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

If you want to go that route, see if you can install CyanogenMod. Without all the bloatwares it could help with battery.

sent via my Le Motonovo X

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If you want to go that route, see if you can install CyanogenMod. Without all the bloatwares it could help with battery.

I've found that CM has worse battery than the stock ROM on my S4. Maybe a custom kernel like Franco could help with that though :)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I've found that CM has worse battery than the stock ROM on my S4. Maybe a custom kernel like Franco could help with that though :)

There are lots of factors, using nightly can also be the cause. Using the right kernel can make a huge difference. I get over 5 hours of screen on time with my Nexus 4 with a good kernel and CyanogenMod or stock. The phone run cooler. A bad kernel have the phone run noticeably warmer. It's not the end all be all, but it can have big influences.

Not much of an issue anymore with my MotoX though.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

There are lots of factors, using nightly can also be the cause. Using the right kernel can make a huge difference. I get over 5 hours of screen on time with my Nexus 4 with a good kernel and CyanogenMod or stock. The phone run cooler. A bad kernel have the phone run noticeably warmer. It's not the end all be all, but it can have big influences.

Not much of an issue anymore with my MotoX though.

I tried both the official 10.1 and 10.2 builds as well as the CM11 beta. None of them got me more than 3 and a half hours of screen time, as opposed to the usual 5 I'd get on stock.
Never tried a custom kernel, but the stock SlimBean kernel is awesome. Battery life, especially idle drain is amazing. Probably rivals the iPhone :p

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I get phenomenal standby battery with my Nexus 5. If I weren't using the screen as heavily as I do I could easily get 48 + hours on standby. I've never used an iPhone but I'd imagine it couldn't be better than that. I'm stock unrooted so I don't know what the battery use percentage is per hour offhand, but this phone performs extremely well.

After reading about rooting and ROMs I can't say I'm not curious, and if I had a working computer I might even try it on a different phone... but not on my Nexus 5 because I'd be too worried about killing it. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I get phenomenal standby battery with my Nexus 5. If I weren't using the screen as heavily as I do I could easily get 48 + hours on standby. I've never used an iPhone but I'd imagine it couldn't be better than that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
It is. My iPad can be at 60% at night when I go to bed and in the morning it'll still be at 60% even with WiFi on. iPhone isn't as good as the iPad but still better than any Android phone :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx