Use 2G automatically for calls?

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
There's this one trouble spot on T-Mobile [US] that my mother will occasionally complain about. The funny thing is that I've been able to replicate it, in the same exact spot, every time (I tried about 5 times).

I successfully forced my iPhone 5s to use 2G only, and the call happened to go through just fine. My mother's phone is the T-Mobile GS4 running stock (Samsung) 4.2.2.

So, I'm wondering if there's a tweak that will automatically switch the phone to 2G for incoming and outgoing calls, rather than relying on the 3G/"4G" network.

I guess at the vary least, I could find a widget to easily disable LTE and 3G when she knows she's going to go through the problem spot.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe T-Mobile calls always use 2G. I think they only use their 3G and 4G networks for data. So in effect it's already doing that. This is me not being sure, though, so somebody feel free to correct me.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I believe T-Mobile calls always use 2G. I think they only use their 3G and 4G networks for data. So in effect it's already doing that. This is me not being sure, though, so somebody feel free to correct me.

They use 3G and 2G for calls, mainly 3G if you're in a covered area, which most are (hence the whole "use the Internet while on a phone call" thing).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie