why does it seem like the iPhone lasts longer then droid?

xxventanaxx

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Like even though the android has a bigger battery it seems like like the iPhone lasts longer in every aspect. Why is this?

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It depends what Android Phone you are talking about. Some android phones have batteries that last longer than the iPhone (For example, the Note 3, Droid MAXX, etc), and some don't last as long as the iPhone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Compare screen sizes. A bigger screen is going to use more power, period. If Apple ever builds a phone with a 5" screen, I suspect you'll see people complaining about its battery life, too.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Compare screen sizes. A bigger screen is going to use more power, period. If Apple ever builds a phone with a 5" screen, I suspect you'll see people complaining about its battery life, too.
That is a good point, but with a bigger screen comes a bigger case, and with a bigger case comes a bigger battery.

Google Now can take up a bunch of battery, too. iPhone users complained pretty heavily that their battery life was terrible with Google Now on.

FWIW, my wife and I get similar battery life with her iPhone 5 and my Galaxy S4 and I have many location based Google Now cards on and some location based Tasker profiles.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
How much battery gNow uses depends a lot on how you have it configured. The more cards you turn on, the more battery it's going to use. On my phone, I notice very little difference in battery life with it on or off. The iPhone version may not be nearly as well integrated and efficient as the Android version, though.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It's because Apple has complete control of everything. Apple has iOS completely power optimized for their hardware. Their hardware is completely optimized to deliver what they want iOS to do. With nothing extra they don't need (like more CPU cores to pad the spec sheet) power efficiency is maximized.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It's because Apple has complete control of everything. Apple has iOS completely power optimized for their hardware. Their hardware is completely optimized to deliver what they want iOS to do. With nothing extra they don't need (like more CPU cores to pad the spec sheet) power efficiency is maximized.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.
Android OEM's have complete control, too. They can put whatever hardware they want in it and modify Android however they want. Many of them choose not to use that to their advantage, though. The new Motorola phones (e.g. Moto X) use it to their advantage and get great battery performance.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Apple has more control over its hardware AND software. Where as Android is more like the wild, wild west. Unless its a Nexus device.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
why does it seem like the iPhone lasts longer then droid?

Marketing and confirmation bias from Apple owners. No, really.

Objective tests show this is clearly not true. The Droid Maxx alone gets significantly better battery life than any iPhone, and several Android phones are even better than that.

60090.png

60102.png

60091.png

Even on the last benchmark, several Android phones are very close.

Keep in mind this is with stock batteries also. Many Android phones allow upgradable batteries that will stretch this even further. My BF's Galaxy S3 with extended battery will last 2 days easy, even with everything turned on.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Like even though the android has a bigger battery it seems like like the iPhone lasts longer in every aspect. Why is this?

Posted via Android Central App

Better optimization mainly. But you can have some rogue apps causing battery drain as well with android which you Dont have nearly as much with IOS. Google is notorious for this with some of their apps.