Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This will b a fun thread. Besides os, and smaller screen. The build quality is better on iPhone then Samsung

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Because some people like plastic, rooting their phones (or carrier bloat) and amoled screens.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Depends on what you value in a device. Samsung offers high resolution screens compared to iPhone on their high end devices. They also offer removable batteries and micro SD slots. They also have the entire android operating system which in itself is a compelling advantage over an iPhone depending on what phone you get. Another thing is do you prefer Google or Apple having your personal information? There are many factors you have to weigh l, so no one company is better than other. But I vastly prefer Samsung to Apple personally.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
When you say Samsung phones vs Apple phones, you're talking more interm of the hardware, this depend on your needs. With Android you have a wider selection in price range. If you don't need something highend you can get an affordable phone like a Moto G just as well. You get more hardware choices for Android.
Here are some of the things you can get from Android devices like iOS hardware may lack:
-Different screen sizes and form factor to choose from.
-Full HD screen, 1080p. (iPhone 5s screen have only 35% number of pixels in comparison to 1080p screen. Soon it'll they'll be 2560x1440 screens for Android.
-More powerful CPU. (Empirically it's true. We're up to 8cores CPU now running high freq and more efficient. It's up the manufacturer create a smooth software experience, third party UI like Samsung's Touchwiz slow things down, but it's not true for all Android phones. Apple don't need as powerful CPU since they are well optimize and less multitasking.)
-More available ram, useful for memory intensive programs like Google Earth.
-(Some phones) Removable battery.
-(Some phones) MicroSD slot.
-(Some phones) Wireless charging.
-(Some phones) IR blaster.
-Universal standard USB port, not proprietary. Also ability to transfer files by drag and drop instead of needing iTunes.
-Near Field Communication (NFC), for using RFID tags and wireless payment.

Imo, soon Android camera will be better than iPhone, Apple have more expertise in post processing software to get good results with their photos, that's where Android manufacturer haven't caught up.

With this, I have caused a lot of **** hurt so I will quickly leave this thread.

eric0531

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For me it was the larger screen size on my S4, SD card, and more options to customize things (widgets, etc).

Posted via Android Central App

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Why Samsung phones are better FOR ME PERSONALLY:

-Large High PPI Super AMOLED displays, I like the incredible contrast and vivid colours
-MicroSD memory expansion
-Android OS
-TouchWiz with its S Features, Multi window multi task and memory clipboard
-Less PC Dependant, I can manage my music, videos etc... on my S4 without having to depend on a PC
-USB OTG/USB Host
-Customizability (widgets, home launchers, keyboards etc...)
-Standard MicroUSB port I never have to worry about always carrying my charger or USB cable
-File Transfer: be it through Bluetooth or NFC using WiFi Direct etc...it's great to just be able to share Photos and Videos without having to have a Internet connection going.

I do own an iPad, it does what it does well but it has many MANY limitations, many times my GS4 comes into the rescue. :)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

- Expandable (and cheap) storage - Not just Micro SD but USB OTG as well
- Upgradable batteries
- 3rd party app integration (make any app the default for anything)
- Ability to sideload and bypass the official market
- Higher resolution displays and better PPI
- Less breakable (no really)
- More customization

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If neither is really better then you should get the cheaper one, right?

Even if neither is better you may still prefer one and the one you prefer may not be the lowest cost. In example, I don't think Honda is better than Toyota but I prefer Honda.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Even if neither is better you may still prefer one
In which case, one really is better, right?

The argument works wither way. On a technical level, yes, one is better. On a subjective level...one is still better. The argument that they are equal is false IMO either way.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
In which case, one really is better, right?

The argument works wither way. On a technical level, yes, one is better. On a subjective level...one is still better. The argument that they are equal is false IMO either way.

That, to me, is because of your criteria for "better". To some the Moto X is technically better than the G2 because it is better optimized to make use of its hardware and touchless controls. To others, the G2 is technically better because of its more contemporary chipset, higher resolution screen, and superior camera.

Which phone is objectively technically better?

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Samsung devices, HTC, certain LG's and Moto (Moto X & G) are good, but iPhones aren't bad, they definitely do have good build quality which is a 1up over Samsung's crummy hard (and slippery) plastic builds. But Apple has their share of problems too with the iPhones

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
That, to me, is because of your criteria for "better". To some the Moto X is technically better than the G2 because it is better optimized to make use of its hardware and touchless controls.
And if touchless controls are what you like most, then the Moto X really is better. It's not the same, it is better.

To others, the G2 is technically better because of its more contemporary chipset, higher resolution screen, and superior camera.
And if specs are what you care about most, the G2 is better. They are not the same.

So even in these instances, they are still not equal.

Which phone is objectively technically better?
The G2 objectively has a higher resolution screen and better PPI. It is not subjective. That is an objective measure.

jade44

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
we can say that the galaxy s4 is better than the iphone 5s or the iphone is better, the question now it is for which use, technicaly the galaxy are always better even the samsung galaxy s5 will probabely be better but every one like this or that phone for its reasons, personaly I like the cheap smartphones because I don't need a super high phones with 2k screen and no autonomy they are useless for me and too expensives

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
And if touchless controls are what you like most, then the Moto X really is better. It's not the same, it is better.

And if specs are what you care about most, the G2 is better. They are not the same.

So even in these instances, they are still not equal.

The G2 objectively has a higher resolution screen and better PPI. It is not subjective. That is an objective measure.

However, these depend on the 'IF' statements in you've listed. ...and whether or not those are important to one is subjective. It, again, depends on the criteria for what is "better". If raw paper specs is more important A is better. If touchless controls are more important B is better. Who decides whether A or B themselves are more important? The customer, of course, but that decision is subjective. Even if it were based on price. Who is to say that seeking the lower priced option is better? Some may be seeking the higher priced option with an inference that you get what you pay for. So to some, the higher priced option would automatically be "better" if it boilded down to price. To some, the lowest cost option would be "better" because they're wanting to spend the least amount of money.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
However, these depend on the 'IF' statements in you've listed.
Of course they do. No phone is the best at everything. What is "best" depends on what you are using it for.

Likewise, none of them are equal. They are all better at some things than other phones.

...and whether or not those are important to one is subjective.
Which is what I said. I outlined some instances where Apple phones would be better. I have been saying this since the beginning.

I stated the opinion that for MOST people Apple phones will not be better. Saying "it's just a matter of preference, all phones are equal" is clearly not true. None of them are equal to each other. What is "best" depends on what you value and use it for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar