Cant acess internet

daveg1983

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Can someone help me with this issue please because i dont understand how iy as happened.

I am having problems accessing the internet via mobile date. It works perfectly fine using the wi fi . The mobile data is switched on but it still says its offline.

Can someone help please

cheers

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Can you give some more details like..

Make of phone and carrier.

Version of Android OS

Browser your attempting to use.

Also are you certain the WIFI your connecting to is allowing you full access and not blocked in some fashion?

daveg1983

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, Its google nexus 4 phone. It defo works on wi fi but not when out and about in public using mobile data.. Using google chrome to access internet. Ive tried testing it with just the wi fi on and mobile data off, the internet works fine. Ive tried it with wifi off and mobile data on but when i access the internet it says im offline,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, Its google nexus 4 phone. It defo works on wi fi but not when out and about in public using mobile data.. Using google chrome to access internet. Ive tried testing it with just the wi fi on and mobile data off, the internet works fine. Ive tried it with wifi off and mobile data on but when i access the internet it says im offline,
Hi Dave, Welcome to the forums!

What carrier are you connected to? I would suggest looking at the Network and making sure the sim card is good and APN's are set correctly.

When we know what carrier you are connected to we'll look up the right APN's and try and get you connected.

daveg1983

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
its with the orange EE network and its connected to the orange internet APN. Everything works fine, making calls recieving txts . Its just the internet using mobile data. This really doesnt make sense to why the internet is not connecting. Would a factory reset be the only option here ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
its with the orange EE network and its connected to the orange internet APN. Everything works fine, making calls recieving txts . Its just the internet using mobile data. This really doesnt make sense to why the internet is not connecting. Would a factory reset be the only option here ?

Is this a new phone or a phone that was recently updated?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app