does anyone here own Nokia 520?

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I post my question at WP forum, but I thought I may want to get feedback here

Does anyone here own Nokia 520? How does it perform compare to older Android? I have a Samsung Galaxy S (first Galaxy S) that has 512 MB and this phone slows as a turtle.

I wonder if 520 that also has 512 MB RAM would perform as responsive as the 4S (which also has 512 MB RAM).

Thanks.

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have one and it's definitely faster and smoother than the S1 (my brother has one so I know). It's mainly thanks to the WP operating system that the phone is fast. Mine has only lagged when playing heavy games. However, occasionally it has stalled and frozen for several seconds, but that has been few and far between.

Edit: Whaaa? I thought this was WPCentral!

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a 520.

Is it responsive? Yes, the user interface is very responsive, as it only has two screens to flick through.

Is it fast? In relation to the 4 year old Galaxy S, sure it's fast. Although don't expect it to be fast by today's standards (Tegra 4, SD800). Apps take a considerable amount of time to load, but once they do they're responsive.

It's a great budget phone, but don't expect anything more than that. I'm not a fan of WP8. Stand-by battery life is terrible, app selection and app quality is terrible, customization is terrible, productivity is terrible, etc. As a smart phone OS in general, it's very clear why WP8 is in 3rd place by a wide margin.

The 520 is definitely only suited for users with very modest needs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC