Location History points seperation by IMEI or phone number

mcjurys

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I lost one of my Android devices recently and have been trying to find a way to find its last location before it died. The phone is registered to the same gmail account as the device I am using right now. Is there any way to separate Google's Location History recorded points by IMEI or by phone number? Right now I believe it is showing all the points from both phones with no differentiation between them.

Please help.

Cheers

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I lost one of my Android devices recently and have been trying to find a way to find its last location before it died. The phone is registered to the same gmail account as the device I am using right now. Is there any way to separate Google's Location History recorded points by IMEI or by phone number? Right now I believe it is showing all the points from both phones with no differentiation between them.

Please help.

Cheers

The Google Location History is based on your entire account's activity, and is intended to show the 'best guess' for your activity independent of a particular device. I don't know of any way to filter the data points or view any metadata. However, you should look into Android Device Manager, which is Google's official tool for tracking and managing your Android devices:

If you haven't installed it on the device in question before, unfortunately you probably won't be able to view location or usage history. :-\

mcjurys

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The Device manager was installed as it is a requisite for the company phone, yet it displays data that doesn't make sense (last known location and last time used). My personal device seems to be working fine. Maybe some sort of unfortunate glitch in my case.

Much obliged for the information!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance