Switching to android from windowsphone - very low budget

dan1232878

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay, Since I got my HTC windowsphone 8S back in the start of 2013, I was a fan of windowsphone, I just loved how it looked and regardless of no app support, I loved what was there at the time.

But since I got that phone, I have had nothing but bad luck when it came to windowsphone. This I believe is mostly cause of unlucky 13 it seemed for the year but I shall explain everything.

Like I said I got my HTC Windows phone 8S at the start of 2013 getting a new phone and it being pretty awesome. About 2 months have passed and I lost it while going out with my friends. I lost it and some ***** took it, I know it was a woman because she picked up the phone, hung up and I never saw it since.

After that phone, I did actually get an android phone. A make that 70 or 80% of all you probably haven't heard of. I got a prestigio multi phone. Mother of god it was a big phone, so It was like Samsung galaxy note size or maybe a Galaxy S4 size. But anyway I ended up giving that phone to my sister cause this phone was just too big for me, and looked like a girly phone, in person that is, was too big and too feminine for me, not to be sexist or anything.

After this phone I got a Nokia lumia 620, a small phone that I liked and had no complaints about it. After a few months again, I dropped the phone and had a massive crack about the top half maybe a little lower down the phone. It was screwed except the bottom part. So I could still answer calls. Then we got the screen replaced. Took a really long time and we were all annoyed at this point, my whole family. when I did get this phone back, the screen was popping out and just didn't look right, but what was I suppose to do. It worked fine. Until I updated it, Nokia only wanted genuine parts on their phones and The people who did it said that it was genuine parts. They lied. The screen stopped working and rendered the phone useless. At this point everyone was sick and tired of it.

Next phone was once again a Lumia 620 and this has been going good, but at this point I was sick of it. The button literally fell off the phone and I realized how badly made this version of the phone was. And the day I'm writing this. the screen has cracked. Again. I dont know what I did but I haven't dropped it at all today, So i have no idea what I did. It's not a big crack And I am really pissed off.

I now want a cheap android phone that is cheap but is fairly up to date. I dont like buying previous gen if I know newer software is out (Kit Kat) But if I have to I will but I'm just curious what is out there for me. Cheap for me would be about ?50 -?150 Potentially ?200 at most. Lets hear what everyone has to say!

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The Moto G is your best bet within that price range. I bought one as a second phone for when I'm on site and it's got to the point where I now consider it my main phone.

Typically for Motorola, the build quality is fantastic, much better than what you'd expect at it's price. It's snappy, stable and runs Android 4.4. You can pick one up for as little as ?100 which is a steal.

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
another vote for the Moto G! as you can see in my signature, i am now typing from one and i can say: this is THE best phone you can get on a budget!

amazing HD screen, the quad-core snapdragon 400+1Gb of RAM+ Adreno 305 is enough to give you a smooth, lag-free experience with the most recent Kitkat and to run most of heavier games out there!

the fact that the experience is so great is due to Android being almost stock (Motorola did just some tiny changes)

also the camera improved a lot after Kitkat and it will serve you well for Instagram/Facebook shots or keeping a few moments!

the build quality feels great too and it has Gorilla Glass 3 to help protecting from scratches on the screen and a water-repellant nanocoating!

so i believe this is REALLY the BEST phone for your budget!

sent from my Moto G <3

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Get the Moto G, and considering your previous issues, I would get a good screen protector and a case for it as well. If you don't want to spend too much, S-Line TPU case and XtremeGuard screen protector from eBay could do a decent job.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're on a budget than the MotoG is the best choice. Some carriers, when you sign a contract, have good deals on the MotoX and Verizon even has decent prices on the Droid Maxx.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835