The title pretty much says it all. I have a Treo Pro right now, but I am interested in getting away from it as it has been stagnant for while. Problem is, I don;t know of any Android devices that are of the same form factor as the Treo Pro, i780, etc.. My ideal android device would be an HTC Trophy w/ Android, though the Trophy may or may not come to realization. What are your folks opinions on this.

TIA

PS: Hello to my old TreoCentral friends, and new AndroidCentral friends.
    09-23-2010 07:58 PM
    I'm not sure why anyone would want one since the keyboard takes up valuable screen space, but Motorola has the Charm.
    09-23-2010 08:27 PM
    I'm not sure why anyone would want one since the keyboard takes up valuable screen space, but Motorola has the Charm.
    I do alot of typing, plus when a phone has a front facing KB they usually design in some stuff that makes it easier to use one-handed. Sorry, I saw the Charm, but did not make my post clear as I would like the phone to be on Sprint.
    09-24-2010 06:40 AM
    Also, the Charm is awful.

I agree that the form factor is one I'd like to see more often. Unfortunately, I don't think we will. I think your best bet is probably a slider of some sort. I suspect that any phones with this for factor will be low-end ones like the Charm.
    09-24-2010 07:50 AM
    Also, the Charm is awful.

I agree that the form factor is one I'd like to see more often. Unfortunately, I don't think we will. I think your best bet is probably a slider of some sort. I suspect that any phones with this for factor will be low-end ones like the Charm.
    The Charm kinda of looks like it sucks, reminds me of Snap almost. Not a fan of sliders, never really have been. The 6700 really soured me on the design. I could deal with it if I got ancy, but for now I think I will wait and see what the end of the year holds. What do you think the reasoning is for the form factor shaft from device OEMs?

Well, the developers of devices watch these forums, so consider this a formal request.
    09-24-2010 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD