Play Store: Google Now Launcher now available

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I use the Google Now Launcher on my G Pad GPE and my Stock Moto X. I absolutely love it. The launcher has a very modern feel and works very smoothly. I don't have any problems with widgets not functioning like other people have stated. The icons are noticeably larger on the Google Now Launcher, and at first I did not like that at all. However, now I actually like it.

Sent from my LG-V510 using AC Forums mobile app

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I keep trying to use this launcher but I always go back to Apex. I think I have an addiction to Apex or something.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So far I have been using Nova Prime. I wanna try this but then again I don't I'm sure at some point I will give it a shot!

Would I gain anything from switching? Whats the "cool" factor of this launcher?

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I keep trying to use this launcher but I always go back to Apex. I think I have an addiction to Apex or something.

Lol. I feel the same way. No matter what I try it never matches the paid version of Adw

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

colinps

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So far I have been using Nova Prime. I wanna try this but then again I don't I'm sure at some point I will give it a shot!

Would I gain anything from switching? Whats the "cool" factor of this launcher?

I have both installed. With Nova, I was always changing backgrounds/icons and got too obsessed with it. I then installed GNL and after getting it set up, I forget about it and leave it alone. When I get bored again, I will just change Nova to be the default launcher and go through the whole obsession again.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have both installed. With Nova, I was always changing backgrounds/icons and got too obsessed with it. I then installed GNL and after getting it set up, I forget about it and leave it alone. When I get bored again, I will just change Nova to be the default launcher and go through the whole obsession again.

I have them moments! But I do this with Textra and Hangouts. However Hangouts just makes more sense for me for the time being. Thanks for the input!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I then installed GNL and after getting it set up, I forget about it and leave it alone. When I get bored again, I will just change Nova to be the default launcher and go through the whole obsession again.

Same here. I have Nova Prime sitting there, unused, since I got my Nexus 5. At first, I thought that GNL was sparse and the lack of options would get on my nerves. But as I got more time on it, the simplicity grew on me. I didn't need to have my launcher do a ton of things, nor did those things end up making my usage any easier.

Oh, JD.... I don't use hotword detection. Personally, voice control is a gimmick I typically just turn it off since I never use it. But the quick access to Google Now. Yes, I know you can launch it by swiping up (I do get to GN that way), but that will never match the speed and convenience of having it there on the left on the homescreen. It just works so much more fluid when it is integrated into the launcher. If Nova incorporated the same type of integration, then I'd consider switching.