Why do (Android) phones need so many cores?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My mistake and what do you mean by not being in the most favored position?

Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Well it seems as though TSMC is rumored to get the majority of the A8 processor manufacturing. Where there is smoke this is fire, let's see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well it seems as though TSMC is rumored to get the majority of the A8 processor manufacturing. Where there is smoke this is fire, let's see what happens.

What smoke? They are still the biggest of everything in mobile.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I like Android but I'm also not a blind fanboy. More than likely, it's device design would still look like Blackberrys and WinMo phones with physical keypads if the iPhone never brought the smartphone mainstream with its slate design and gesture based touchscreen. You have to give credit where credit is due.
Apple has invented very little. Mostly they repackage an idea and make it more polished.

It is ridiculous IMO to assume touchscreen phones would never have happened without Apple. They were already happening.

That was a nice link, didn't know some of that stuff.
This was classic Steve Jobs. At one point he did not even deny stealing ideas.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
My mistake and what do you mean by not being in the most favored position?

He means Apple is moving their chip production from Samsung to someone else like Taiwan Semiconductor(TSMC).

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I like Android but I'm also not a blind fanboy. More than likely, it's device design would still look like Blackberrys and WinMo phones with physical keypads if the iPhone never brought the smartphone mainstream with its slate design and gesture based touchscreen. You have to give credit where credit is due.

Considering android started with a keyboard and touch screen I don't know about that.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
What smoke? They are still the biggest of everything in mobile.

While it will mean the loss of a lucrative client, I am not suggesting that Samsung would suddenly go into red numbers. I was only making specific reference to the Apple and Samsung relationship, with no additional inference.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Apple has invented very little. Mostly they repackage an idea and make it more polished.

It is ridiculous IMO to assume touchscreen phones would never have happened without Apple. They were already happening.

This was classic Steve Jobs. At one point he did not even deny stealing ideas.

Its equally ridiculous to belittle Apple's contribution as some do. What could have happened, did not happen in our reality, so as it is, Apple helped revolutionize the industry. They usually claim to revolutionize not invent.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Its equally ridiculous to belittle Apple's contribution as some do. What could have happened, did not happen in our reality, so as it is, Apple helped revolutionize the industry. They usually claim to revolutionize not invent.

I would say popularize and not revolutionize.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I would say popularize and not revolutionize.

Well I guess that as all opinions are, is subjective. But the marked change of device design after the iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air in my opinion smells of revolution..

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess that as all opinions are, is subjective. But the marked change of device design after the iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air in my opinion smells of revolution..

Not exactly revolutionary.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Its equally ridiculous to belittle Apple's contribution as some do.
Belittle what contributions? I am still waiting to see examples of some.

They were very good at constructing an ecosystem and making quality products (kind of like Sony used to be back in the day). That is their strength. They were also very good at marketing it. But they introduced few or no features that are new...all the stuff they did has been done before and sometimes better. People assume Apple invented all this stuff because Apple has led them to believe that. But it isn't the truth.

What could have happened, did not happen in our reality, so as it is, Apple helped revolutionize the industry. They usually claim to revolutionize not invent.
Yeah, they are good at semantics...part of their marketing muscle.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
You could say the exact same thing about the changes they made in iOS...all of which were in Android first, often years earlier. Why are Apple people not giving Android credit for THAT.

Because Apple is all about image. So it is in their best interest to project the illusion that they are the ones who are ahead of everyone else. But the actual facts show the exact opposite. They do not lead, they follow.

Iphone_Innovation.jpg

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
You could say the exact same thing about the changes they made in iOS...all of which were in Android first, often years earlier. Why are Apple people not giving Android credit for THAT.

Because Apple is all about image. So it is in their best interest to project the illusion that they are the ones who are ahead of everyone else. But the actual facts show the exact opposite. They do not lead, they follow.

From what I remember Android, Windows Phone, WebOS and even BB10 got plenty recognition when iOS 7 came out. Most people I saw on I more, recognize their input, starting with the drop down menu a few years ago. What more should be done?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Iphone_Innovation.jpg

From what I remember Android, Windows Phone, WebOS and even BB10 got plenty recognition when iOS 7 came out. Most people I saw on iMore, recognize their input, starting with the drop down menu a few years ago. What more should be done?

I use an iPhone and I am glad Apple copied some things from other OSs. I see no harm in that.