Is there a reason to not upgrade and get a free phone?

MSP2

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this question.
Long story short, I own phone "A" on contract with ATT. My dad got me international phone "B", which I replaced phone "A" on the same contract, same carrier. In June I can upgrade my phone for another 2 years contract, but I still want to use phone "B" (it's the awesome note 3) while paying 0 dollar for the discounted phone "C" to keep it like an ipod touch; phone "C" is a crappy but new contract phone.

Is this a possible scenario?
because I could either keep paying 60 bucks a month for phone "B" for 2 years
OR I could get phone "C" for free, pay the usual 60 bucks a month and still go on for 2 years using my old phone "B"
Thank you!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The reason not to is the contract. I left contract required service long ago and will never go back but if you are fine with it go ahead. Most people swap there phone B back on to the account and then sell phone C on Swappa or Craig's list. Just get At&t to unlock phone C for you so it is clear to sell.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You can still stick with At&t and not have a contract. But I see that a discounted phone is good bait.

Last edited:

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The reason not to is the contract. I left contract required service long ago and will never go back but if you are fine with it go ahead. Most people swap there phone B back on to the account and then sell phone C on Swappa or Craig's list. Just get At&t to unlock phone C for you so it is clear to sell.

And the phone isn't free.

Posted via Android Central App

MSP2

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
yea actually unlocking the new phone and selling it is something i'm looking into as well
and it depends on the phone, some are 199 dollars when you renew the contract but I can still sell this discounted phone for much more than that