What's do you use for phone, tablet, and desktop?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious if any users here use any other devices that are not android. Like, do you use android for your phone , or a iPad for your tablet? Or maybe vice versa? What about windows devices? A PC? Mac?

See, I think the place I want to be is having a android smartphone , a iPad , and either a Mac or PC. But I have no clue if that muddled ecosystem threesome could even work effectively? Would I run into road blocks? Incompatibilities? Frustrations?

While I think android is great for smartphones, tablets I'm still iffy on. My nexus 7 is cool, but dosent seem as smooth or good as the phones. And not as good of a tablet as my iPad.

As far as what my computer is, does it matter if it's windows or a Mac? I mean , macs are pretty pricy, but I hear there better computers ?

I perhaps have a irrational fear of incompatibilities , lock in , and wether completely different ecosystems can and cannot work together for a user.

What's your take? What's your setup?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (both 2013 and 2012), Asus TF300T, and two Windows 8.1 machines (desktop and laptop). Also an Acer C720 Chromebook. I don't have any significant compatibility issues with Windows 8.1.

In regards to iOS devices, Google does make some nice iOS versions of their apps, so you can sync information pretty smoothly among Google apps, even if you have an iPad or iPhone.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 and an s3 for my personal phones. I also have an iPhone.

HP laptop and and iPad. I use g mail so i have ZERO issues.

Don't worry so much

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a galaxy note 3, my tablet is galaxy note pro, my laptop is a mac book air but oddly enough, I hardly ever use it anymore since I've gotten my note pro.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Phone: HTC One (M7)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
Laptop: MAC Book PRO (2014), Lennovo Laptop (Windows 8.1)
Desktop: Custom built gaming rig with Windows 7. (2013)

I think that is all my devices!

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Phone: Moto X
Laptop: HP Split X2 with W8.1

I don't want a tablet right now I don't think. If anything for my next device purchase, I'll get the Moto 360 or the Nvidia Shield.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone is a toss up between a Nexus 5 or a Moto X. Tablet is a Galaxy Tab 2. Laptop is an HP with Windows 8.1 and an Acer C720 Chromebook.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 an iPad mini retina and a Toshiba windows 7 laptop. I don't have any issues syncing things. I think it helps that, as mentioned, I use mostly Google services which are available on all three platforms easily.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I rotate SIM into either my Note 3 or Nexus 5 depending on day/mood; tablet is iPad mini; laptop is a 2012 MacBook Air 13" which I don't seem to use very much anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 5s
Retina iPad mini
11" MacBook Air
27" imac
Apple TV. :)

Either way, I believe there are sufficient workarounds that you should be able to sync your data across all your devices readily enough, regardless of what platforms you are on.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Phones: HTC One X, Xperia TL, Lumia 1520
Tablet: Nexus 7, TF300
Laptop: Dell Latitude E6430s (i7,8GB Ram, 1TB Drive, Windows 7)

Don't worry about incompatibility issues :')

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm sort of wondering if I started using Microsoft services like one drive, outlook.com, and office if that can seemingly mesh with iOS and android. PARTICULARLY Android. I mean, does using android and not having gmail and drive as your main make sense? (Note: I'm not going crazy and am starting to use bing, skype, yammer, or whatever the hell else they do. I'm just talking email, cloud storage, and productivity suite.)

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of wondering if I started using Microsoft services like one drive, outlook.com, and office if that can seemingly mesh with iOS and android. PARTICULARLY Android. I mean, does using android and not having gmail and drive as your main make sense? (Note: I'm not going crazy and am starting to use bing, skype, yammer, or whatever the hell else they do. I'm just talking email, cloud storage, and productivity suite.)

I use Microsoft services now. Google does not have to be the venter of everything. I use One drive for all my storage, and my outlook is my maim email. That's what makes using a Windows 8.1 machine so easy. I also have a Xbox live account and I own a 4-5 movies on there and watch then through the app on windows 8.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I use Microsoft services now. Google does not have to be the venter of everything. I use One drive for all my storage, and my outlook is my maim email. That's what makes using a Windows 8.1 machine so easy. I also have a Xbox live account and I own a 4-5 movies on there and watch then through the app on windows 8.

Out of curiosity, what made you decide to switch to Microsoft? I wonder if I would run into rough patches if I didn't use windows 8.1 and instead a Mac.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to switch to Microsoft? I wonder if I would run into rough patches if I didn't use windows 8.1 and instead a Mac.

Microsoft is easier to use for me. I also see a future possibly where I might use a Windows Phone. I also prefer cross platform services, Google services is not the most cross platform. Outlook and OneDrive can be accessed on any platform.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Galaxy S4
Tablet: iPad4
Laptop: Acer Aspire on Windows 7
Desktop: Mac

Happy with my setup, no issues at all. I also find Android tablets 'iffy', I had the 1st Galaxy Tab10.1 and that put me off them.