Are there any ways to write to SD card that don't involve rooting?

ratpakk2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a LG G Pad 8.3 GPE and I want a camera app that will write directly to the SD card. The stock google camera will not write to the SD card. Is there another camera app from the play store that will write directly to the sd card. I have read that I can root the tablet and enable writing to the sd card, but I would rather not have to do that level of tinkering if I don't have to.

Thanks

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There are no camera apps that can write directly to the physical SD card under 4.2+

Last edited:

olympus2

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
well if you want to do that then i thing the updated version will spourt this, old version like 4.0 doesn't have the ability to do so

kigmatzomat

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
That's not entirely true.

Until the KitKat android update, any app could write to the SD card and I know that several camera apps did.

After KitKat apps aren't blocked from writing to the SD card, they are blocked from writing to any folder on the SDCard except their own. So it is still possible but requires the app to have it's own folder on the SD Card.

Since I have been pretty happy with the Samsung camera app, I haven't bothered looking at others. But they definitely exist for <KitKat and should exist soon for KitKat+.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza