Youtube app and tablet

MalinCH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hallo.
Im so frustrated over here. I have a Lenovo tablet and have downloaded the youtube app.
Everything WAS working fine, but now I'm having issues.
Suddenly my youtube app is acting up. I can go online on the browser, online games and so on and everything is working perfectly. Then I go into the youtube app and after 4 seconds or 2 songs the youtube app wont work no more. Its like Im not online no more. And when I then try to go into the browser or online games, it wont work. Sometimes when I disconnect and then reconnect to the internet I can use the browser and so on again. But as soon as I then use the youtube app, the issue is back. This happened a while ago and when over by it self, no idea why. But now the troubles are back again, and I wonder why and need help as its VERY annoying.
When the internet freaks out on my tablet due to youtube app, the internet on my laptop and ps3 are working fine. (just so that's said) SO there is not something wrong with my internet connection.
Any ideas?????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select YouTube, and tap Clear Cache and Clear Data. Then try again, see if that helps.

MalinCH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, select YouTube, and tap Clear Cache and Clear Data. Then try again, see if that helps.

I did it now, so now its just wait and see. I really hope this solves it. Thank you :) (and thank you for welcoming me)

MalinCH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Pfff, hehe. THis time it didn't even take 10 seconds. Its not gone away. I go in youtube, select a song, then mid song its start loading and nothing happens. THen when I go out of youtube and then try to go in to normal browser and google, its just loads and loads until Im asked to try again. Its like youtube freaks out the internet or something.....but the internet is working fine on my phone, laptop and so on, so there it nothing wrong with the internet connection. Driving me a but insane!

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Pfff, hehe. THis time it didn't even take 10 seconds. Its not gone away. I go in youtube, select a song, then mid song its start loading and nothing happens. THen when I go out of youtube and then try to go in to normal browser and google, its just loads and loads until Im asked to try again. Its like youtube freaks out the internet or something.....but the internet is working fine on my phone, laptop and so on, so there it nothing wrong with the internet connection. Driving me a but insane!

Have you updated your YouTube application before the problem arose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MalinCH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Have you updated your YouTube application before the problem arose.

It do that automaticly, so I don't know.... But if it were due to update..... this have happened one time before, and then it went over by it self and everything was good until now. And now it seems like it's not only youtube, but also daylimotion and so on also. All videos.........

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It do that automaticly, so I don't know.... But if it were due to update..... this have happened one time before, and then it went over by it self and everything was good until now. And now it seems like it's not only youtube, but also daylimotion and so on also. All videos.........

I suggest you to go to stock version of youtube as it would provide more stability,for doing that goto Setting then Apps and under All choose YouTube and then click on uninstall updates now you will have the stock version of YouTube which I hope would be more stable. Also change the play store settings to update manually else it would get updated.

Regarding daily motion and others,it could be due to a malicious app,have you recently installed any application from sources other then Play store which could be running in the background without your permission. If you are rooted then you can use Wake lock Detector to check the same.

Also sometimes the new updates are incompatible with certain devices and this could also cause this problem,I usually keep the apps to update manually and before updating I sometimes check the latest review from users of my device if the new updated version is causing any problem.

Hope I was helpful.

MalinCH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I suggest you to go to stock version of youtube as it would provide more stability,for doing that goto Setting then Apps and under All choose YouTube and then click on uninstall updates now you will have the stock version of YouTube which I hope would be more stable. Also change the play store settings to update manually else it would get updated.

Regarding daily motion and others,it could be due to a malicious app,have you recently installed any application from sources other then Play store which could be running in the background without your permission. If you are rooted then you can use Wake lock Detector to check the same.

Also sometimes the new updates are incompatible with certain devices and this could also cause this problem,I usually keep the apps to update manually and before updating I sometimes check the latest review from users of my device if the new updated version is causing any problem.

Hope I was helpful.

Ok, Ill try everything you said and hope that that fix it. Youll hear from me :)