HELP... Best Android equivalents for my favourite iPhone apps.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
In anticipation of my new Android phone which I will receive tomorrow or day after, I am lining up the apps I need to download as soon as I get it.

1. I use Runkeeper and Runtastic on my iPhone. Are these two good on Android, or are there better replacements?
2. I currently use the stock Podcasts app on the iPhone, what is the best podcast app on Android?
3. I use Scanner Pro, excellent for scanning documents into PDF files, what?s best for that on Android?
4. I use Reeder on the iPhone, but I hear Press is just as great so I think I am set with that.
5. I use a variety of photo editing apps, including Fotor, AfterLight, Camera + etc. What?s the deal with photo editing apps on Android?

These are the apps I would like recommendations for. The rest I can find myself as they are speciality apps, their exist or they don?t.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In anticipation of my new Android phone which I will receive tomorrow or day after, I am lining up the apps I need to download as soon as I get it.

1. I use Runkeeper and Runtastic on my iPhone. Are these two good on Android, or are there better replacements?
2. I currently use the stock Podcasts app on the iPhone, what is the best podcast app on Android?
3. I use Scanner Pro, excellent for scanning documents into PDF files, what?s best for that on Android?
4. I use Reeder on the iPhone, but I hear Press is just as great so I think I am set with that.
5. I use a variety of photo editing apps, including Fotor, AfterLight, Camera + etc. What?s the deal with photo editing apps on Android?

These are the apps I would like recommendations for. The rest I can find myself as they are speciality apps, their exist or they don?t.

1. Not sure, I have a Fitbit and use the Fitbit app
2. Pocketcasts. It costs $4, but it is fantastic and worth every penny. There are other options like Beyondpod, Doggcatcher, and Stitcher. I have tried them all and think that Pocketcasts is the best.
3. Cam Scanner works great for me. I do not use it often, but it hasn't failed me when I need it.
4. I don't use an RSS reader
5. There are a few great photo editing apps on Android. VSCO Cam is popular. I personally love SnapSeed. There are a number of people who like Photoshop Express. It really depends on what exactly you are doing to your pictures, but suffice it to say there is a good selection of quality apps that should satisfy your needs. Fotor is available on Android (haven't used it though), AfterLight says they are launching on Android this year, so you'd at least have those two that you are used to using.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
1. Not sure, I have a Fitbit and use the Fitbit app
2. Pocketcasts. It costs $4, but it is fantastic and worth every penny. There are other options like Beyondpod, Doggcatcher, and Stitcher. I have tried them all and think that Pocketcasts is the best.
3. Cam Scanner works great for me. I do not use it often, but it hasn't failed me when I need it.
4. I don't use an RSS reader
5. There are a few great photo editing apps on Android. VSCO Cam is popular. I personally love SnapSeed. There are a number of people who like Photoshop Express. It really depends on what exactly you are doing to your pictures, but suffice it to say there is a good selection of quality apps that should satisfy your needs. Fotor is available on Android (haven't used it though), AfterLight says they are launching on Android this year, so you'd at least have those two that you are used to using.

Thanks. I totally forgot about SnapSeed which after all now belongs to Google. That will do nicely. I guess I an use Google Plus for photos as well. Though I like to sync and organize my photos in Google Drive myself.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I totally forgot about SnapSeed which after all now belongs to Google. That will do nicely. I guess I an use Google Plus for photos as well. Though I like to sync and organize my photos in Google Drive myself.

You can upload to Drive and Google+ seperately. Drive actually works better if you're wanting to share the photo with a limitted number of people and they do not use Google+. I have the autobackup to Google+ turned on since it will automatically backup all my photos in a compressed size without using any of my Drive capacity. I then upload select photos to Drive at their full size. It works pretty well and gives you redundant backups.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Runkeeper is in Google Play. All the other apps I'm not sure.

FYI, you can browse Google Play apps from the web and check them out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude