Using Skype on Android

digifly

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have installed Skype on my Android phone and am using it to make International calls, but I don?t think it is the best VoIP service out there for Android.Although the rates are cheap compared to those of traditional PSTN or GSM calls Skype does not offer good network optimization and a lot of mega bytes are used up for my "free" calls.Is there any other alternative app on Google Play which optimizes network and has better unit call rates?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Viber?

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have installed Skype on my Android phone and am using it to make International calls, but I don’t think it is the best VoIP service out there for Android.Although the rates are cheap compared to those of traditional PSTN or GSM calls Skype does not offer good network optimization and a lot of mega bytes are used up for my "free" calls.Is there any other alternative app on Google Play which optimizes network and has better unit call rates?

Well, i don't any is better than skype, you can try using viber but I don't thing it will give you enough attractiveness than the Skye !! :(

snowpiercer

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, i don't any is better than skype, you can try using viber but I don't thing it will give you enough attractiveness than the Skye !! :(
Well Skype doesn't integrate well with Android devices. I agree network optimization is an issue which most of the apps fail to address. I use this relatively new app called Global Call to make calls to my family in Philippines and Japan.It was the cheap rates which initially made me opt for it but the surprisingly good call quality has got me hooked to this app.I also noticed it consumes less MBs for my calls. Why don't you give it a try?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well Skype doesn't integrate well with Android devices. I agree network optimization is an issue which most of the apps fail to address. I use this relatively new app called Global Call to make calls to my family in Philippines and Japan.It was the cheap rates which initially made me opt for it but the surprisingly good call quality has got me hooked to this app.I also noticed it consumes less MBs for my calls. Why don't you give it a try?

Well, Sure I am going to try it out right away !!

thenanobyte

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
holy ****. so if i buy 50 dollars i get 100 dollars in credits? Where were you when i needed this damn promotion snowpiercer. I been using this app for a minute and didnt know about this. Anyways, thanks for the share.