Factory reset and backing up

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys and gals,

I was thinking about factory resetting my Moto X because I don't think my battery is as completely awesome as it was when I first got it and I have heard of people doing it every so often. But you're supposed to back your phone up, right? Or would I just have to redownload everything? If I do have to back it up, what would I use to do so?

Thanks guys

Blake

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys and gals,

I was thinking about factory resetting my Moto X because I don't think my battery is as completely awesome as it was when I first got it and I have heard of people doing it every so often. But you're supposed to back your phone up, right? Or would I just have to redownload everything? If I do have to back it up, what would I use to do so?

Thanks guys

Blake

I would back everything up that you don't want to take a chance of losing. Music, pictures, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You can re-download the apps. It depends on how much you value your sms and photos. Photos and videos can be handled via cloud services eg Dropbox or Google+ I'd recommend Google+ for this for Web browser access to photos and storage constraints of Dropbox. Contacts should be handled through a Google account as it's integral to an android device. Use the people app. If there's another contact app. Look for the export option then look for the import option in the people app.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would back everything up that you don't want to take a chance of losing. Music, pictures, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Right. But what would I be using to back up my phone? Like what program I guess. I know with iPhones you can back it up to iTunes. But not sure what to use for android.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Right. But what would I be using to back up my phone? Like what program I guess. I know with iPhones you can back it up to iTunes. But not sure what to use for android.

As for me, with photos and such, I just plug into my PC drag and drop. Apps will be restored by Google, the app data is another question. Some apps will restore it once you sign back in some won't (mainly games)

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks a lot guys. Got some good advice. Can always count on you guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance