is net neutrality a good or bad thing for the openness of the internet?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
will not having net neutrality affect what websites and apps we have access to?

will not having net neutrality affect what websites and apps we have access to?

Posted via Android Central App

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
will technology advance and get better or will it get worse?

I'm wondering if the way we communicate and play online games and things will advance and her better for the good or if it will get worse for the consumer.

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
can costumers make a company change something?

Say Comcast or an ISP blocked a site and it made their costumers mad. Could the costumers make them reverse the block?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: will technology advance and get better or will it get worse?

As history shows it only gets better.. They aren't going to come out with worse and slower products...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

If we're speaking strictly about the consumer experience then that could go a number of ways. I'm sure individual pieces of technology will continue to advance and be faster and smarter.

If we're talking about the "Internet experience" it depends on what happens with the way the Internet is managed (or not managed). If the ISP's are allowed to do things the way they want it could end up being worse for the consumer, with certain services being locked in to a certain provider, or quality of service as a whole taking a hit because they can't pay "service speed fees" or whatever they would be called.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: can costumers make a company change something?

Say Comcast or an ISP blocked a site and it made their costumers mad. Could the costumers make them reverse the block?

Yes, by dressing themselves and others up in crazy outfits and protesting. ;)

Vote with your wallet. If they are doing something shameful, unethical, illegal, or just plain wrong - voice your displeasure. Write a letter to the company and/or your local paper. Make a phone call. Start a web community of like-minded people to put pressure on them to change their business practices. Once opposition reaches a critical mass, the company can no longer afford to ignore them.

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Yes, by dressing themselves and others up in crazy outfits and protesting. ;)

Vote with your wallet. If they are doing something shameful, unethical, illegal, or just plain wrong - voice your displeasure. Write a letter to the company and/or your local paper. Make a phone call. Start a web community of like-minded people to put pressure on them to change their business practices. Once opposition reaches a critical mass, the company can no longer afford to ignore them.

I hope people will do this if ISP block or social sites

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

If we're speaking strictly about the consumer experience then that could go a number of ways. I'm sure individual pieces of technology will continue to advance and be faster and smarter.

If we're talking about the "Internet experience" it depends on what happens with the way the Internet is managed (or not managed). If the ISP's are allowed to do things the way they want it could end up being worse for the consumer, with certain services being locked in to a certain provider, or quality of service as a whole taking a hit because they can't pay "service speed fees" or whatever they would be called.

Wouldn't the public make them change that though?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If all the customers drop them then guaranteed they will change

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Wouldn't the public make them change that though?

That depends. Can the public be motivated to speak up about it enough to affect change? Look what it took to get SOPA taken off the table. Major internet sites/portals got the message out for an entire day by either shutting down entirely or heavily altering their home page to convey the message.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm wondering if the way we communicate and play online games and things will advance and her better for the good or if it will get worse for the consumer.

Define 'better' and 'worse'.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01