What phone should I get?

abastuba99

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
So you might be thinking that I just want to know what phone to get, but I already know. I just want to know if there are any new phones that are better.

So I am going to get the HTC one M8 soon, but was wondering if there are any better/newer phones I should get. I have the money to get a flagship phone BTW.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
If you can afford the Z2 although presuming your in the states(you will have to import from Thailand). Then I can't rate this phone high enough.

Posted via Android Central App

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
If you can afford the Z2 although presuming your in the states(you will have to import from Thailand). Then I can't rate this phone high enough.

Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Canada, UK. The countries where the Z2 is released.

Wait Thailand? I hope you're not confusing Taiwan with Thailand. They are really distinct countries.

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
HTC is great.!!

There are a lot of really good devices out or coming out soon.
Such as the Oneplus One and the LG G3
But you cant go wrong with HTC One M8.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
So you might be thinking that I just want to know what phone to get, but I already know. I just want to know if there are any new phones that are better.

So I am going to get the HTC one M8 soon, but was wondering if there are any better/newer phones I should get. I have the money to get a flagship phone BTW.
Would rather have the One+1 myself. Has everything the M8 has and more (even stereo speakers). It will have better support to, and is half the price.

OnePlus One review: a $300 smartphone has never looked so good

I still think the Nexus 5 is better than the M8 as well. Nexus 5's camera is definitely better.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan, Canada, UK. The countries where the Z2 is released.

Wait Thailand? I hope you're not confusing Taiwan with Thailand. They are really distinct countries.

Whoops yes I meant Taiwan lol was late and I.was shattered :p

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

If the phone is needed now id recommend the Z2 also. You can order from Sony directly if you love in the USA.

Otherwise I'd wait to see what the G3 has to offer. Then decide on the M8 if it suits you.

Or buy 2 one plus ones in June lol

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
so far it seems that the best choices are

• Xperia Z2
  • One M8
  • to wait for the G3
  • Nexus 5

in that specific order, that's my opinion of course :p

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
You guys are really making me reconsider waiting on the Note 4. HTC has come a long way.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Every one of them has the power and features you'll need. Pick the one that looks and feels the way you want, at the price you want to pay.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Every one of them has the power and features you'll need. Pick the one that looks and feels the way you want, at the price you want to pay.
They don't all have the power and features I need. I need a good camera...Moto X and M8 can't give me that. I need vanilla Android...The M8 and S5 can't give me that.

They are not all equally capable. You will be compromising no matter which one you pick.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
They don't all have the power and features I need. I need a good camera...Moto X and M8 can't give me that. I need vanilla Android...The M8 and S5 can't give me that.

They are not all equally capable. You will be compromising no matter which one you pick.

Everyone phone has compromises unfortunately. There is no end all be all. All you can ask for is the best jack of all trades, master of none and for that you'll be looking at the M8, Moto X, S5, and Nexus 5.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
And HTC is capable of making good cameras...the HTC Rezound had the best camera of it's generation (Galaxy Nexus/Droid Razr era). Even by today's standards the Rezound has a nice mid-range camera. It's Macro especially is still awesome. The M8's is just a huge letdown to me...photos look washed out and they are low res. It's not a flagship camera IMO.

HTC needs to abandon that clear pixel tech. It's not working. They need to go back to conventional cameras and maybe add OIS.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Would rather have the One+1 myself. Has everything the M8 has and more (even stereo speakers). It will have better support to, and is half the price.

OnePlus One review: a $300 smartphone has never looked so good

I still think the Nexus 5 is better than the M8 as well. Nexus 5's camera is definitely better.

The stereo speakers on the One+ One don't sound as good. I don't know about you, but I haven't been to the future to know how good the support will be. You seem to be basing this on the assumption that because it's CM and some another start up company that support is going to be good. We just don't know yet. What we do know is that HTC (and Samsung and Moto to be fair) have been getting updates out quickly for a little while now. HTC is also being fairly transparent about the whole process as well.

^ This!

Unless price is no object. Then I would wait for the Note 4.

Why not wait for the S6 then? Or Note 5? Or Nexus 6 (or whatever any of these will be called)?