Can a charger ruin your phone?

itr themes

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So the last two phones that I've had have suddenly turned into paper weights...totally bricked, unable to even turn on at all. Phone number one bricked itself, Sprint tech guy said "something must have fried on the motherboard maybe? I can't get it to turn on either, you pay for the insurance on it, so we'll replace the phone" ... So I get the replacement phone, another LGOG. Two weeks later, exact same thing happens. It's fine one second, next second it turns itself off permanently.

Both times this happened first thing in the morning as my alarm clock (timely) was going off, while on the same charger. The sprint tech guy said the same thing this time around, and I'm getting yet another replacement. I'm a little hesitant to use that same charger though. Are these occurrences a coincidence, or am I right in thinking that the charger is the culprit?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would go the safe route and replace your wall charger/adapter and a fresh cord.

Grab it from Sprint or online for a discounted price, either way its worth doing to see if this is causing the problem.