Custom ROM battery life variability

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
S'up guys.

I've got a Nexus 4 and found that the battery life on the stock ROM was pretty crap so I installed SlimKat and on average will get about 14 hours with average use.

Every now and then I have a day where it'll last for 24 hours or more (again with average use).

Take yesterday for example when I disconnected it from the main at about 5am, haven't charged it since and am now on 9%

What's up with that?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 8494.jpg
    8494.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
S'up guys.

I've got a Nexus 4 and found that the battery life on the stock ROM was pretty crap so I installed SlimKat and on average will get about 14 hours with average use.

Every now and then I have a day where it'll last for 24 hours or more (again with average use).

Take yesterday for example when I disconnected it from the main at about 5am, haven't charged it since and am now on 9%

What's up with that?

That's great! It may be due to the fact that 1. SlimKat has a custom Kernel built into the ROM and 2. SlimKat is lighter on resources then the stock ROM of the Nexus 4. Either way, that's a good thing.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It is indeed however it doesn't happen all the time but every now and then which is why I'm confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22