Samsung S5 blurry pictures

Jeremy1976

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. Upgraded to the s5 from a s3 and for the life of me I cannot understand why most of my pictures are blurry and not very clear. Plastic piece is off lens and no scratches or anything. I take good care of my phones.

Setting are all at the best and I am using auto mode. How are you all taking pictures? 02 ease advise. Getting really frustrated. I though this camera was suppose to be top of the line.

Any little movement with my son who is 9 months old and it is fuzzy. I am getting the green circle that it is supposedly focused too. Never had an issue with my s3.

Thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting blurry pictures because they're out of focus or because of motion blurr? One of my biggest gripes with the latest Sammy sensors is that shutter speed is not ideal. Like you say, any movement either from your subject or your hand, and your perfect shot comes out blurred out.

If it's the latter, try turning off the "Smart" Stabilization feature. In my experience, this is anything BUT smart. Essentially what they did was merge stabilization with Auto-Night Mode exposure. The problem I've seen with it is that it seems to think that anything that's not under direct sunlight on a smoldering, clear Summer day is 'dark' and it increases the exposure time. This causes motion blur from the tiniest of movements. Also, if your shots are not indoors, you could try "Sports" mode.

Jeremy1976

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I believe it is motion blur. Any little movement and it is crazy blurry. I have smart stabilization off. Just not overly happy with the camera and it is a big part of my choice when buying a phone. I honestly think my s3 took better pictures.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I skipped the S3 and went from an S2 to a Note 2 and didn't notice any shutter lag. Enter the S4, shutter lag. Enter the Note 3, shutter lag. I doubt hey fixed this on the S5, but shutting off the smart stabilization and tweaking exposure settings seems to help. Or just use a 3rd party camera like CameraZoom FX to get generally better results.

tantyfanty

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
let me tell you a solution. Put the camera on. See on the creen as to how much the image is coming; if u think its not very sharp, then tap (slap) the phone twice-thrice on its upper backside where rer camera is situated. Then see the difference in picture sharpness on scree. TAKE a snap and see if the problem is solved.
My S5 had similar issues of blurred pictures. I tried this trick by chances and it worked. I was doubtful on Lens due to the focussing issue so i sold it off.

Colby_Berens

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
let me tell you a solution. Put the camera on. See on the creen as to how much the image is coming; if u think its not very sharp, then tap (slap) the phone twice-thrice on its upper backside where rer camera is situated. Then see the difference in picture sharpness on scree. TAKE a snap and see if the problem is solved.
My S5 had similar issues of blurred pictures. I tried this trick by chances and it worked. I was doubtful on Lens due to the focussing issue so i sold it off.

Lol, I didn't really find this to be truthful. But I gave it a try and it actually works. Just hit the back of the phone near the camera.

cb_mensah

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
"let me tell you a solution. Put the camera on. See on the creen as to how much the image is coming; if u think its not very sharp, then tap (slap) the phone twice-thrice on its upper backside where rer camera is situated. Then see the difference in picture sharpness on scree. TAKE a snap and see if the problem is solve"

this actually works lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan